AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Problem with Britt was the only act that was on her level and had steam When she won was Thunder Rosa. And they seem to be saving that to happen later. So so far her feuds have been poor. 

• Paid Members

Serena Deeb as a Bret Hart style fighting champion would be great. She did just finish the Shida feud, but I can't see her turning babyface. They can do a lot worse than stick the belt on her though, as she'd be able to make all her opponents look good. I wonder whether Nyla is going to challenge Britt if she manages to beat Ruby next week, or whether this is to try and heat Ruby back up for another title shot. 

Thunder Rosa v. Mercedes Martinez

Nyla Rose v. Ruby Soho

Leyla Hirsch v. Kris Statlander II?

All seem to be on the horizon. Thunder beating MM seems to make the most sense to set her up for Revolution title shot. Unless they go with Serena Deeb. Which doesn't make the most sense reinforcing Britt as a heel the past couple of weeks.

18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Wasn't Nyla Britt's first opponent for the title? They proper Kane'd Britt with that one, and I like Nyla but she hadn't meant less in the company at that time.

Nyla was the first defense. Set up was something to do with interrupting Britt's title celebration that invovled free burgers if I remember right.

His name won't mean much but Marky D on YouTube decided to finally watch current wrestling instead of just old TNA, it's pretty interesting when he watches last weeks Dynamite and the first thing he mentions is how shit Adam Cole looks and had tiny eyes you can barely make out, so I guess it's not just us nerds on here thinking it.

But.. he does think Ricky Starks is Taz' son.

Watched the MarkyD video and I'll never be able forget Cole's beady little eyes now. 

Bastard.

He seemed to enjoy the promo work other than Cody's digs at WWE. 

Edit. 

Black and King ranked in the top 5 after only one match? 

Just fucking bin the system. Even my super casual relative reacted with a how the fuck are they top 5?

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I think that Punk/MJF segment is still ongoing. 

It was only 15 minutes long! In WWE that's standard for an in ring promo segment. I thought it was pretty good with a great ending. 

This weeks show was a bit better though still weirdly paced and with a few acts getting focus who shouldn't even be on TV. Always feels like they run out of steam about 2/3rds of the way through.

11 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Watched the MarkyD video and I'll never be able forget Cole's beady little eyes now. 

Bastard.

He seemed to enjoy the promo work other than Cody's digs at WWE. 

Edit. 

Black and King ranked in the top 5 after only one match? 

Just fucking bin the system. Even my super casual relative reacted with a how the fuck are they top 5?

The rankings reset every January.

10 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

It was only 15 minutes long! In WWE that's standard for an in ring promo segment. I thought it was pretty good with a great ending. 

This weeks show was a bit better though still weirdly paced and with a few acts getting focus who shouldn't even be on TV. Always feels like they run out of steam about 2/3rds of the way through.

Maybe I just didn't enjoy the content then because it felt like it went on for ages.

Haven't really enjoyed their feud tbh. 

Thanks poetofthedeed. Forgot about the rankings reset. 

Danhausen and Rod & Todd Ass might be my favourite running gag in wrestling at the moment. The silly wrinkle that Billy Gunn loves it and endorces it makes it funnier. 

He's even done a custom ASS BOYS theme song that should definitely be used for a laugh once. It's got proper classic Billy Gunn theme feels. Silly.