AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

The thing with Regal turning on Moxley and siding with MJF, it’s not something that’s been explicitly teased, and it’s not something I’d even want to see happen because it would likely mean the end of the Blackpool Combat Club, but at least it would be a big moment deserving of the phenomenal build up we’ve seen thus far.

But yeah. I know I’m probably more positive on AEW than most, but the way MJF is playing this tweener role going into the pay per view, alongside this building sense of gravitas, it gives me real The-Rock-leading-into-Survivor-Series-98 vibes. People want to cheer him, he’s giving them just enough to believe they can cheer him, and now more than ever they need something big to stick the landing and pull the trigger on him becoming the biggest thing going today. They need something as Earth shattering as The Rock revealing he was in cahoots with The McMahons all along, becoming the Corporate Champion. And God Bless them, I actually rate the majority of the lads individually, but MJF hugging The Firm to close the show just doesn’t cut it. I’m honestly dreading the Stokely thing being the red herring it so obviously appears to be.

At this point, the real surprise would be if Max didn’t reveal he and Stokely were friends all along. It feels that obvious. Ideally, I’d prefer The Firm to interfere early on, have Max and Mox fight them off together, only for Max to still win in dastardly fashion. Maybe he can severely injure Regal, then beat Moxley in the panic and confusion, similar to Sid beating HBK at Surivor Series 96 after killing José Lothario.

God knows. I hope they have something clever and nail this though. It feels right on the cusp of something mega. Slowly but surely the Mox and Max Connection have promoted a blinder here. I can’t wait for this match and can’t call it at all! Belter!

Max has to walk out with the belt though, yeah? No-one’s denying that, surely?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Max has to walk out with the belt though, yeah? No-one’s denying that, surely?

He absolutely has to. AEW have had a rough year - tons of injuries to top stars, backstage problems, massive problematic distractions with ROH and Forbidden Door. It's time to draw a line under all that and hopefully put things right again and get distance from the CM Punk disaster. The best first move to do this is to crown a fresh and exciting new Champion. Still plenty of good stuff in AEW but it's definitely getting stale. MJF on top and the return of The Elite will inject some fire back into this company. From there they will hopefully start solving all the other problems.

I love Mox but if he wins on Saturday it'll be the biggest dropping the ball in company history, IMO.

Edited by LaGoosh

44 minutes ago, Chunk said:

If Wardlow goes over Joe and Hobbs and MJF wins as a heel ... they could do worse than Wardlow \ MJF.

I'd love to see them revisit it but not straight away. Keep heating up Wardlow and then come back to it.

Won't do Wardlow any good by losing. Won't do MJF any good by losing the title straight away. They need some breathing room.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

The thing with Regal turning on Moxley and siding with MJF, it’s not something that’s been explicitly teased, and it’s not something I’d even want to see happen because it would likely mean the end of the Blackpool Combat Club, but at least it would be a big moment deserving of the phenomenal build up we’ve seen thus far.

See I don't think Regal has to actually turn on Mox. Regal could take the moral high ground and it be Moxley turning on him and becoming heel in the process.

Something like MJF refusing to be pinned after Mox has hit him with everything and becomes frustrated, demanding the brass knucks off Regal only to be refused and Regal saying if you're going to beat this man then you're going to do it fairly. Basically what he was telling MJF in that promo about MJF always needing the diamond ring. And then Mox could belt Regal out of frustration but the distraction allows MJF to get the win before Regal congratulates him in the ring.

Next Dynamite Regal can follow up the promo where MJF spoke about sending his tapes to Regal in WWE (don't know if any of that's true either) and say that the lad in those tapes has now officially reached his potential. 

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

He absolutely has to. AEW have had a rough year - tons of injuries to top stars, backstage problems, massive problematic distractions with ROH and Forbidden Door. It's time to draw a line under all that and hopefully put things right again and get distance from the CM Punk disaster.

Agree here.  The annoying thing is that this year's issues have been entirely of Khan's own making, and stem from a single source - that despite the fact that he's successfullly created a profitable and sustainable second promotion in the US (which is incredibly difficult) he's succumbed to indulging in some noughties fanboy fantasy booking - which for him means ROH/CM Punk.  Some elements have worked out (Castagnoli, Joe to some extent) but the rest has been a drag on the product.

Hopefully he's got it out of his system now.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Loki said:

Agree here.  The annoying thing is that this year's issues have been entirely of Khan's own making, and stem from a single source - that despite the fact that he's successfullly created a profitable and sustainable second promotion in the US (which is incredibly difficult) he's succumbed to indulging in some noughties fanboy fantasy booking - which for him means ROH/CM Punk.  Some elements have worked out (Castagnoli, Joe to some extent) but the rest has been a drag on the product.

Hopefully he's got it out of his system now.

Thing is he hasn't even done any particularly interesting fantasy booking. It's all been fairly dull. If I was in charge I would have booked shit like Samoa Joe vs Bryan Danielson immediately. 

If they what a second brand, go full Tony and have 4 of them. 13 weeks a year of ROH, Lucha Underground, ecw and something else so we don’t get bored of the niche nonsense they all are 

My fave indy of that era was Live Action Wrestling.  Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, Jeff Hardy, Raven, R-Truth... Great product for a WCW fan.

Here's Raven v Killings -