AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

In theory, I liked the ranking system. It forced them to logically build stuff up and give guys momentum before they got title shots.

In practice though, it’s gotten in the way more than its really helped. Three years in and they’ve spent more time trying to circumvent the system with Battle Royales, Tournaments and Ladder matches than they have actually adhering to it.

I don’t know how their relationship with AAA works and if they’d have gotten permission, but if allowed they should have just been honest and had Mox whip out a photo of Pentagon from the other week, going, “look at how cool this is! I want to fight him for the belt!”

06731BF0-CE3B-4869-A62A-169DB0AB7C8F.thumb.jpeg.2764aa344ec27565d93ff87d1eb78510.jpeg

5 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

He hasn't even done any video promos for a while has he? 

Something has felt off with Miro for a while.

Think there's been nothing since All Out.

3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

He's been busy with various TV roles. It feels like breaking into Hollywood is him and Lana's priority at the moment with wrestling on the backburner. 

I was wondering that. When I checked his imdb that single appearance in a new show's pilot episode is his only acting credit. Nothing credited as in production/post production. Not looking like he'll be a breakout star.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

I was wondering that. When I checked his imdb that single appearance in a new show's pilot episode is his only acting credit. Nothing credited as in production/post production. Not looking like he'll be a breakout star.

He's apparently doing a lot of auditions and Lana is on some big reality show about to come out and word is they are planning to move to LA to be closer to the TV/movie business. Hopefully he come back to AEW soon, his career their has been a constant stop and start but I love the guy and would love to see them give him a full proper run if he's healthy enough. I can't believe they would just let him sit at home doing nothing when the roster is currently lacking in big stars.

57 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I mean I can see the benefit of Maria but I've always been left fairly underwhelmed by the other two. Not sure what they can offer or where they'd fit in over others they have on the roster.

The AEW Tag Division have lost experienced teams this year, and have others on the shelf. Seems like a fresh to most heel job squad. I've never really seen them. Just heard the majority of the complaints are either guy during their singles careers.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I mean I can see the benefit of Maria but I've always been left fairly underwhelmed by the other two. Not sure what they can offer or where they'd fit in over others they have on the roster.

I'm assuming they've been hired for the ROH show that is rumoured to be apparently starting next year.

A solid show on the whole; although The Firm's involvement in the Moxley/MJF feud immediately made me feel less interested. While this may partly be down to the Punk situation, The Firm is one of the weakest stables, if not the weakest stable, in AEW history - and I say that as someone who likes all of the wrestlers involved. Having said that, Stokely seems a bit...shit. He's not added anything to anyone since joining AEW. Presumably there's something there, given how keen people were to pair him up with Jade Cargill, but I'm just not seeing it. 

At this point, I'm not really sure where they go with MJF. There's probably more value, at this point, in MJF as a heel champion, feuding with the likes of Danielson, Kingston, Samoa Joe and Omega, but I'm not sure how good an idea it would be to reverse course on the direction they appear to be taking, even if the conclusion to this was MJF concluding that doing the right thing never ends well. 

If you do a double turn, I don't think you can have MJF win the title at the PPV - I think you have to have Moxley win in a dastardly way, making your new long term storyline MJF chasing a heel Moxley for the belt. If MJF wins as a face, the list of interesting heel challengers is very, very small at this stage.