AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

2 minutes ago, Pinc said:

I didn't mind the unification match but I don't see why they couldn't have just done this at All Out?

Moving the match forward and placing it at an unnatural point in the show, I suppose it broke my suspension of disbelief. It was hard to engage with the story of the match when the circumstances made it extremely clear that this was a deviation from what would otherwise have been the plan.

Clumsy storytelling. I get that squashing Punk in Chicago might have turned the crowd on the night, but Moxley is enough of a tweener to roll with it. I wonder if Punk said he'd rather not lose in that manner in his home town?

P.S. I also noticed the 'Time is Now' repetition from Moxley... 👀

Just like his hero Bret.

”It’ll be a blow to Chicago”

It's easy to say AEW is off the boil. Whatever we get at All Out, it'll be easy to work back from there and come up with better TV than we've seen in July/August.

Where's Gunn Club v. The Acclaimed being going?

Swerve and Keith Lee v. Private Party (tasked by Andrade & RUSH)?

Clearly the Acclaimed getting a Tag Title shot at the PPV.

Edited by Infinity Land

Mox vs Punk was perfect

Going on at the start of hour 2 which must of got some people asking "are they going an hour" 

The injury coming so early made sense, Punk is back too early. Having him go down 15 minutes made no sense. The first moment the ankle got tested it failed him and a Mox in his prime runs him over. Then a heartbroken Punk looking back to Mox looking distraught whispering something to his best friend. 

That was certainly miles better than anyothing suggested on here. 

Now let's hope they don't spoil it all by doing something stupid like doing Punk-Mox 2 at All Out and Punk wins the belt back. 

I’m sure AEW will find its stride again, but they just took their biggest potential matchup and blew it in a 5 minute midcard slot.  That’s bad business even if you enjoyed Mox winning.

I noticed the Cena reference but also he clearly referenced Roman Reigns  (“the guy”) and now all I can think of is Moxley (AEW Champ) v Reigns (WWE Champ).   Stranger things have happened.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Mox vs Punk was perfect

Going on at the start of hour 2 which must of got some people asking "are they going an hour" 

I know what you're saying, but I can't imagine many did as we knew a highly anticpated match in their 6 man tournament that was always going to be given loads of time was going on last.

According Meltzer, a rematch is exactly what they're doing.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I’m sure AEW will find its stride again, but they just took their biggest potential matchup and blew it in a 5 minute midcard slot.  That’s bad business even if you enjoyed Mox winning.

Do people really think this is true, by the way? I know on paper they're two of their biggest names but I think any combination of former WWE guys is a little tainted in the context of AEW.

I'd expect both Omega/Punk and MJF/Punk to draw more than Punk/Moxley.

Edited by Pinc

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I noticed the Cena reference but also he clearly referenced Roman Reigns  (“the guy”) and now all I can think of is Moxley (AEW Champ) v Reigns (WWE Champ).   Stranger things have happened.

Once the mess of All Out's build is out of the way. Then it's straight onto Grand Slam. Hoping they make a big deal out of the Canada debut. MCMG popping up has me worried there's a ROH PPV in October to sidetrack things. Then it's Full Gear and Winter is Coming.

Unlike the summer lull between Double or Nothing and All Out. There's a decent spine of shows that get treated as a big deal. Fingers crossed they start paying things off rather than feeling the need to hold off.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Do people really think this is true, by the way? I know on paper they're two of their biggest names but I think any combination of former WWE guys is a little tainted in the context of AEW.

I'd expect both Omega/Punk and MJF/Punk to draw more than Punk/Moxley.

Yeah Mox vs Punk was a big match but has never felt like the BIG match. Omega vs Punk and Punk vs Danielson are the two biggest matches they've got. 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Once the mess of All Out's build is out of the way.

Feel like we've been saying this a lot recently. "Once the ROH PPV is out the way", "once Forbidden Door is out the way"...they just need to sort their shit out. There's so much fucking great stuff every week in this company but so often gets surrounded by shit.

Punk vs Danielson is the one that stands the most chance of getting some extra lapsed fans on board if they advertise it heavily. 

The rest of them are all realistically existing fan derbies anyway. 

I don’t understand the logic, that AEW literally have this week released a new T-shirt for CM Punk commemorating the anniversary of his return.

Why then, if they know he is leaving imminently, would they bother?

I can’t imagine it’s for the sake of a quick buck, it’s a waste of everyone’s time.

CM Punk ain’t going anywhere, and we’ll all be here after All Out saying what a great match they had, and how the build was worth it.

Edited by Matthew

3 minutes ago, Matthew said:

CM Punk ain’t going anywhere, and we’ll all be here after All Out saying what a great match they had, and how the build was worth it.

Or we could've been sat here after All Out saying what a great match they had without all the shit that's happened.