AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

5 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Garcia's involvement, to me, feels very forced so far. 

Garcia's involvement being forced is kinda the point, I think. Of course he'd fit better with Danielson, Mox & Regal, but having him dis-regard all that to say, "I'm a sports-entertainer" with a shit-eating grin, when it clearly doesn't fit what he's about at all, is designed to piss people off.

As Shane O says, he wouldn’t be improving himself being the 3rd or 4th voice in the BCC, as second voice he’s gonna pick up loads about the side of wrestling from Jericho he isn’t as proficient in. Plus it usually works when a wrestler plays against type to stop you liking them 

10 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Mox vs Lethal seemed like an odd match to have, you've got Bryan against the younger star who's trying to prove they're a badass that could fit the BCC and Mox vs someone his own age with none of that type of character. It was fine for what it was but did it accomplish a single thing other than being just a match to fill time?

Jay cut a promo after losing to Adam Cole. Not sure if it was on Dynamite/Rampage/Internet Exclusive. Something along the lines of having to prove himself or conflict over making a change? Challenging a former World Champion in Jon Moxley fits that idea. As did the post match stand off over the handshake.

10 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Garcia's involvement being forced is kinda the point, I think. Of course he'd fit better with Danielson, Mox & Regal, but having him dis-regard all that to say, "I'm a sports-entertainer" with a shit-eating grin, when it clearly doesn't fit what he's about at all, is designed to piss people off.

Perhaps I should clarify - obviously his involvement with Jericho is because he sticks out like a sore thumb, that’s why he’s there. But there’s a difference between that and feeling ‘forced’. He should feel out-of-place in that group, but I don’t think it’s a genuine ‘out-of-place’; I don’t think he’s clicking in this fish-out-of-water role. He should feel insincere, as opposed to unbelievable.

I think there’s a good chance he’ll be found out in this stable.

Edited by RedRooster

3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Perhaps I should clarify - obviously his involvement with Jericho is because he sticks out like a sore thumb, that’s why he’s there. But there’s a difference between that and feeling ‘forced’. He should feel out-of-place in that group, but I don’t think it’s a genuine ‘out-of-place’; I don’t think he’s clicking in this fish-out-of-water role. He should feel insincere, as opposed to unbelievable.

I think there’s a good chance he’ll be found out in this stable.

It’s been like 3 weeks.  Go back and see what people thought of Sammy early days 

1 hour ago, Louch said:

It’s been like 3 weeks.  Go back and see what people thought of Sammy early days 

From memory, Sammy was quite well received during the early days of the Inner Circle. 

However, I’m not saying that Garcia don’t settle into this role, just that he hasn’t yet. For me, he’s gone backwards slightly. He’s gone from feeling like a hot prospect, to someone whose star isn’t shining as bright. Could that change? Of course. Will it change? Perhaps, but I suspect that will be through AEW identifying that he’s not found his groove in this group, and adapting accordingly, rather be than persisting with this current version of Garcia.

I guess it's more down to timing for Garcia vs Sammy. The Inner Circle stuff was done pretty much immediately so very few people had their opinions on Sammy before that. While with Garcia, people have had time to get into him etc so it's a bit more jarring I'd say.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

From memory, Sammy was quite well received during the early days of the Inner Circle. 

However, I’m not saying that Garcia don’t settle into this role, just that he hasn’t yet. For me, he’s gone backwards slightly. He’s gone from feeling like a hot prospect, to someone whose star isn’t shining as bright. Could that change? Of course. Will it change? Perhaps, but I suspect that will be through AEW identifying that he’s not found his groove in this group, and adapting accordingly, rather be than persisting with this current version of Garcia.

Panda Head wearing Sammy? No he wasn’t. It took a while before anyone seemed to see potential in him. Certainly it was just around Stadium Stampede that people started getting behind him.

• Paid Members

It’s super disheartening remembering how Sammy morphed from nobody dressed as a panda - to one of the main highlights of the show - only to ruin it all when he became one of those, “I’ve had sex, you know?” dickheads from college.

7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It’s super disheartening remembering how Sammy morphed from nobody dressed as a panda - to one of the main highlights of the show - only to ruin it all when he became one of those, “I’ve had sex, you know?” dickheads from college.

Thing is, I kind of think he just *is* that guy. Sammy would have bullied me at school, I'm certain.

Maybe Garcia not "clicking" is intentional and it could easily be the catalyst of the feud people on here have hinted at between JAS and BCC. 

He's got plenty of history with Danielson and Moxley. He also said in one of his promos with Jericho that all his life he wanted to be a professional wrestler (unless I've imagined that which may be the case). He finds himself not "clicking" as a sports-entertainer and instead turns back to professional wrestling and joins Regal and his boys or Jericho decides that Garcia isn't a sports-entertainer and Regal welcomes him in as a professional wrestler.

Throw Kingston and Yuta in with Regal as well a heel turn in from Orange Cassidy who appreciates Jericho after their battles and you're ready made for the next Stadium Stampede/Blood and Guts match.