AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

JR: “It’s going to be interesting to when Moxley gets his hands on Pillman, they’re both from Cincinnati”. 
Regal: “What does that make any difference Mr Ross, he’s still going to get his head punched in”

Regal was absolutely brilliant on commentary again this week. Sack Jericho and Starks off of Rampage and stick Regal in with Taz and, as Regal calls him, “Man in the mask”

• Paid Members

That first hour was absolutely top tier wrestling telly. Punk/Dax, the Tornado tag, the Blackpool Combat Club and an incredible MJF/Wardlow segment. Fantastic.

That second half though...oof. Everything was either dull or terrible. 

Sammy & Conti would make a fantastically insufferable loved up heel couple. Watching them drown as babyfaces over the next few weeks is going to be incredibly painful to watch.

Edited by LaGoosh

A mixed show for me. The wrestling is always entertaining, but they typically seem to enter a holding pattern after a PPV, which makes it harder for me to invest in some of the storylines. 

Some thoughts...

Punk/Harwood was really good, and I'm starting to wonder if they plan to go with MJF & Spears vs. FTR, before they go to the MJF/Wardlow match at the next PPV. 

Putting Sammy and Tay against Paige VanZant and whoever her partner is, isn't going to work. Sammy and Tay are incredibly unlikeable as an on-screen couple, and it's only a matter of time before the fans turn on them. Having said that, I think they could be a tremendous heel pairing. 

While I'm sure Vickie Guerrero is lovely, they need to end the pairing with Nyla Rose. It does nothing for Nyla, who is one of the stronger female wrestlers on the mic, and solid in ring. Heck, having Vickie on screen does nothing for AEW, unless she moves on from her "greatest hits" routine. 

I'm assuming the Adam Cole/Adam Page rematch will somehow set the wheels in motion for Kenny Omega's return, if it doesn't directly lead to it. Kenny and The Bucks vs. Cole and Fish/O'Reilly should be fun, but I hope they have something in mind for Page that feels appropriately "big", if it's not MJF. 

The tornado tag was like an exact replication of watching Raw or Nitro matches in the 90s, but without the cheap pastiche stink TNA had when they tried it. So much fun. 

5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

, but I hope they have something in mind for Page that feels appropriately "big", if it's not MJF. 

Punk was making the Belt signs again. And I don’t think he is going after Scorpio Sky. Hangman to beat Cole again, then faces punk at the PPV 

19 minutes ago, Louch said:

Punk was making the Belt signs again. And I don’t think he is going after Scorpio Sky. Hangman to beat Cole again, then faces punk at the PPV 

He was, but I think it's a red herring. Has AEW ever gone with a face/face title match on PPV? That's not to say they won't, but I think it makes it less likely. 

They could, I suppose, put the belt on Cole, and have Punk go after (and lose to) Cole at the PPV, before Kenny Omega returns to close the show. 

Page/Punk works as a face/face as they’re so different you could build resentment without turning them heel.

I think Page needs Punk. For me, it makes the most sense in the world. There’s no one in wrestling currently conferring heat and relevance to others as well as Punk.