Wrestling Awards 2021 - Nominations

Frankie Crisp

6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I vote Jack Evans.

Given how AEW is nonce central, I’m surprised they haven’t reworked the Maurice Chelvalier classic to “Jack Evans for little girls” for his intro music. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Given how AEW is nonce central, I’m surprised they haven’t reworked the Maurice Chelvalier classic to “Jack Evans for little girls” for his intro music. 

Wait, he's in AEW? Fucking hell.

• Paid Members
THE GOOD

Best Women's Wrestler

Thunder Rosa

Britt Baker

Best Men's Wrestler

Kenny Omega

Hangman Page

Bryan Danielson

Jungle Boy

Jon Moxley

Best Tag Team

The Young Bucks

The Lucha Bros

Sting and Darby Allin

Jurassic Express

Moxley and Kingston

Best British Wrestler - British Wrestler in any promotion, not just UK-based

PAC

Best Non-wrestler

Taz

Tony Schiavone

Tully Blanchard

Don Callis

Best Event

AEW Double or Nothing

AEW All Out

AEW Full Gear

AEW Dynamite Grand Slam

Best Wrestling Show

AEW Dynamite

AEW Rampage

Best Feud or Angle

Page Vs Omega 

Kingston Vs Punk

Funniest Moment

Moxley entering at Double or Nothing

The Dark Order Vs The Elite Costume Party match

Taz on commentary singing along to Jungle Boy's music

Best Heel

Miro

MJF

The Young Bucks

Kenny Omega

Bryan Danielson

Best Babyface

Jungle Boy

Hangman Page

The Dark Order

Sting

Best Podcast

Top Rope Nation

Moment of the Year

Punk's return

Hangman wins the belt

Page and The Dark Order's big entrance on Dynamite 

The full crowd at Double or Nothing. 

Match of the Year

Page Vs Omega

Bucks Vs Penta and Fenix in the cage. 

Moxley and Kingston Vs The Young Bucks at Double or Nothing. 

Kingston Vs CM Punk

Miro Vs Darby Allin

Promo of the Year – can be an individual promo or a two-person back and forth but please be specific i.e. show and date 

Hangman explains Cowboy shit. 

Punk's promo after Moxley entered rehab. 

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown

The Barbed Wire exploding ring fiasco. Good match up until that blunder at the end too. 

Crowds coming back not helping WWE television in the slightest. 

Worst Wrestler

Jack Evans

The Bunny

Edit: Seth Rollins (had forgotten to add him in at first. 

Worst Match

Going to have been something involving one of the two above if it's an AEW match. In the WWE it'll have had Bray Wyatt in it. 

Worst Event

All the WWE PPV'S blend into one. Summer Slam was the best of the ones that I remember, the only one I didn't bother with in the slightest was Survivor Series. This was a bad year for their PPV'S, which normally were a bright spot for them compared to their TV. Not so this year. 

Worst TV Show

Raw

Smack down. 

Edited by WeeAl

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler:

Brit Baker - Super over and has had some fun matches

Best Men's Wrestler

Brian Danielson

Adam Page

Eddie Kingston

Best Tag Team

The Acclaimed - Still haven't had an amazing break through match but I get excited when ever I hear that music start

The Young Bucks 

Best British Wrestler - British Wrestler in any promotion, not just UK-based

Pac

Best Non-wrestler

Tony Schviane 

Dan Lambert (Edit: Forgot about him)

Best Event

AEW All Out - The amount of times I have rewatched Adam Cole and Brian Danielsons debut is unlimited

Best Wrestling Show

AEW Dynamite

Best Feud or Angle

Kenny Omega vs Hangman Adam Page

Funniest Moment

Most of Max Casters rapping

Best Heel

The Young Bucks

Brian Danielson

Best Babyface

Adam Page

Best Podcast

Jeff Jarrett's My World

Moment of the Year

CM Punk's debut

Match of the Year

Kenny Omega vs Brian Danielson

Promo of the Year – can be an individual promo or a two-person back and forth but please be specific i.e. show and date 

CM Punk's Debut on Rampage

The Back and forth 20 minute promo between MJF and CM Punk. The one where CM Punk refers to him as the Miz.

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown

WWE NXT 2.0. 

Worst TV Show

WWE Raw

Edited by Zebra Kid Mark

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler - Britt Baker, Thunder Rosa, Serena Deeb (vastly improved)

Best Men's Wrestler - Kenny Omega, Roman Reigns, Mox

Best Tag Team - Young Bucks, New Day (just for Escaping the Undertaker)
Best British Wrestler - Will Ospreay

Best Non-wrestler - "Penta says", Dan Lambert

Best Event - AEW Grand Slam, just for the reaction to Danielson/Omega.

Best Feud or Angle - SCU's win or split up finishing in the bloody loss to the Bucks, Omega/Page, TNT open challenge

Funniest Moment - Nia Jax "My Hole", most of the DO skits on BTE

Best Heel - MJF, Dan Lambert (Pure heel heat from a guy never worked in the business)

Best Babyface - CM Punk (crowd reaction), Darby Allen (Wrestling)

Best Podcast - Talk Is Jericho

Moment of the Year - Crowd reaction to Omega/Danielson, Page winning title  

Match of the Year - Omega / Page

Promo of the Year – Dan Lambert (any of them), Miro vs God,  

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown - Becky Lynch return

Worst Wrestler - Good Brothers in AEW

Worst Match - Damien Priest vs The Miz (Backlash) - FN ZOMBIES!

Worst TV Show -RAW

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler

Bianca Belair - Prodigy and rare smash hit from the PC. 

Serena Deeb - Everyone else in AEW's women's division seems to have convoluted PWG matches in slow motion. Deeb just gets on with it. Everything she does looks good, builds the match and makes sense. Criminally underused.

Best Men's Wrestler

Bryan Danielson - Running away with it after that incredible Page match. It's almost unfair how much better he is than everyone else. Pretty much solidified his GOAT status this year. It's great to see The Dragon back.

Eddie Kingston - Eddie's one of those guys where he's such a blow away promo, such an authentic, transcendent babyface character, that people tend forget how great his matches are. About five MOTY contenders under his belt. Promo of the year. White hot matches and feuds with Miro, Punk, Danielson and the Young Bucks. Some of the best wrestling buddy chemistry ever with Mox. He's become AEW's 'Daniel Bryan'. Way more over than his push and the fans are desperate to see him win the big matches. Cracking year for Eddie.

CM Punk - Four months back and multiple promo of the year contenders already. Mastered the TV match, which AEW needed. Feels like a wrestling God every time he enters the arena.

Darby Allin - He's a tit and the fans will turn on him the second Sting leaves him, but he's an incredible in-ring wrestler that can have great and interesting matches with seemingly anybody.

Best Tag Team

Young Bucks - For all the frustrations I have with the match style, The Bucks were incredible this year. Perfect dickhead heels. They managed to be exciting and must-watch without ever looking cool or undercutting the babyfaces. The bumping and timing for their prat falls is out of this world. They're the only team to make the high-spot tag style not only work, but be truly exhilarating. Probably the best championship run in AEW history to boot. The show really cooled down once they were de-emphasised. 

Sting and Darby Allin - Look cool as shit. Brilliant way to keep Darby Allin popular (and likable) and use Sting without exposing him. I would fucking love these if I was a kid.

Moxley and Kingston - There's so much more juice in this team. Please give me a second run!

Best Non-wrestler

Tazz 

Tony Schiavone 

MVP

Don Callis

Dan Lambert

Best Event

Double Or Nothing - Glorious celebration.

All Out - Cocaine drenched epic.

Full Gear - There's diamonds in the slog. I wish they'd trim 'em down a bit.

Best Wrestling Show

Dynamite 

Best Feud or Angle

Omega vs Page  - It's embarrassing the amount of times I've watched clips from that June and July period when Don and Kenny were causing shit and the blue-eyed wonder would confront them. It's the most electric wrestling chase I've experienced in real time, and it coinciding with crowds coming back made it even sweeter. Page finally winning the big one was cool and all, but it was never gonna be the same once they had missed the natural timeframe. It's those summer shows I'll always go back to. That was Dynamites peak. 

Punk vs Kingston - Not a wasted moment. Perfect.

Funniest Moment

"69 me Don!"- Weirdo Kenny's random outbursts could bowl me over sometimes, I admit.

"My hole!", and Nia Jaxx in general.

Best Heel

Miro - The guy they should be building around.

Nick Jackson

MJF 

Best Babyface

Adam Page

Eddie Kingston

Bianca Belair 

Sting - Feel good story of the year. Looks great for his age, booked perfectly as a legacy star. AEW's done a perfect job of making Sting look like the coolest, hardest dad on the planet.

Moment of the Year

CM Punk returns

Page returns, wins the poker chip and chugs a beer on top of the ladder

Match of the Year

Punk vs Kingston

Danielson vs Omega

Sting/Darby vs 2.0

Promo of the Year 

Adam Page's "Cowboy Shit" promo 

Punk and Kingston stand off

Punk and MJF's battle rap.

Punk's promo addressing Moxley's rehab.

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown

WWE continuing to use fake crowd noise. Just sad.

Becky Lynch's comeback - Take two of your most over babyfaces and do that to them. As if they grow on trees. Watching Becky cut another forced and boring,  "you people" promo to muted cheers, muddled confusion, and then tunderdome.wav drowning everything out made me wanna chuck my laptop out the window. What a waste. What a fucking miserable company.

The disintegration of The Hurt Business. 

Big E as WWE champion

Worst Wrestler

Matt Hardy 

Chris Jericho - Chuck Taylor aside, all of the genuinely bad wrestlers in AEW have been relegated to Dark. So this is more a "fuck off, forever" list. Nobody typified that more than Chris "are Fozzy going on tour yet?" Jericho. He seemed to become a constant negative after the Blood and Guts match. MJF and The Pinnacle couldn't make it through an episode without Jericho turning up, with his smug grin and his shitty theme song, and a hose in his hands to douse all of their heat out. Attaching himself to everything that gets hot. His, "I once had a shoot fight with Lesnar and Goldberg" promo was more cringeworthy than anything The Fiendess did. Bloated and dangerously out of ring shape. Made Rampage unwatchable with his hyper, high-pitched screeching. Is he on tour yet?

QT Marshall - Blandest man in wrestling. Nothing wrong with him - solid worker, takes great bumps, can make top guys look good. He's perfectly fine as an undercard mechanic. The problem is AEW always trying to push him as a 'TV character'. It boiled my piss the amount of TV time he was getting earlier in the year. AEW has a vibrant cast of characters that seem to come and go and yet vanilla ass QT was the constant. Also killed the crowd in a CM Punk match, in Chicago. 

Charlotte Flair - Actually sucks. Completely exposed the last couple of years. As miserable as heel Roman and Becky is, they'll at least show vulnerability and attempt to give something back to the babyface before WWE ultimately discards them. Charlotte endlessly steamrolling through everything, with her boring, botchy, indie shitarse Bruiser Brody routine is the most miserable part of a miserable product. 

Cody Rhodes - Yeah alright, mate.

Worst Match

Cody vs Ogogo

Cody vs Penta

Cody vs Andrade

Worst Event

Survivor Series

Worst TV Show

Raw

Smackdown

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Awards Moderator

@Frankie Crisp Without knowing if it’s good enough for any positives or bad enough for any negatives, does WWE Day 1 qualify for this year’s awards or do they cut off at the end of 2021?

(I don’t intend to watch it so I’m not changing my noms but thought I’d ask)

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

@Frankie Crisp Without knowing if it’s good enough for any positives or bad enough for any negatives, does WWE Day 1 qualify for this year’s awards or do they cut off at the end of 2021?

(I don’t intend to watch it so I’m not changing my noms but thought I’d ask)

I’m going to go with leaving it out so there are no shades of grey/overlaps with next year’s awards.