Something major is happening with Ring of Honor

mim731

• Paid Members

I think he's pretty broken down physically these days from what I've heard.

If AEW hadn't hired Andrade I would say Rush would be a dead cert hire but perhaps not now. I think Danhausen would be great for a fun Orange Cassidy type role and Martina for the struggling womens division. Not sure there's anyone else that adds anything particularly unique long term but why not bring in a few of them for short 1-2 month runs.

I'd sign Martina in a heartbeat if I had a major company. At the very, very least you're getting someone who'd get the crowd going on house shows. But she's also adaptable, can get over while being silly, clearly a solid hand in the ring, can get herself over, is creative and has an actual character. It's not just a gimmick. Even the moves she does serves the character and the story and that's such a rare skill. 

• Paid Members

EC3 will be an interesting one to see where he goes, ideally you would think Impact, but not sure if there is any heat from him teasing signing with them then going to ROH instead. If I was AEW, I wouldn't be signing too many of them other than the names already mentioned. 

Prior to the switch of direction, you would have thought NXT would have hoovered most of them up, but can't see who would be signed now other than maybe as trainers (Lethal). 

I wonder if some of them will resign with ROH once it's back up and running again.

34 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Were they ever actually good?

They've had a 20 year career and they've held a huge amount of tag titles and singles titles during that time so I think it's fair to say that yeah, they were actually good in their own way. Not everyone's cup of tea obviously - especially on a personal level - but I don't think you have that length of career and sustained success both as a team and individuals unless you've got something going for you.

14 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I'm not sure having a 20 year career where you've pretty much stayed at the same level makes you good as such.

Better than the SAT'S, not as good as Deuce and Domino.

Depends on your definition of 'good'. Does making it to WWE suddenly make people good? I'd argue they'd have had way better matches in ROH than they ever would've been able to have under 'I couldn't give a fuck about tag teams' Vince.

And also it also depends on the reasons why they stayed where they were. Did companies not want to deal with them on a more personal level or something? Who knows.

It's like arguing if Tessa Blanchard is good or not. Yeah she is but she's also a huge racist with a questionable personality who plenty of companies don't want to deal with.

• Paid Members

54 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I don't think you have that length of career and sustained success both as a team and individuals unless you've got something going for you.

It's wrestling, and indy wrestling at that, so I'd disagree with you on that to be honest.

Edited by Tommy!

14 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Depends on your definition of 'good'. Does making it to WWE suddenly make people good? I'd argue they'd have had way better matches in ROH than they ever would've been able to have under 'I couldn't give a fuck about tag teams' Vince.

No. Never said it did. 

You, however, argued that they were "good in their own way" because they'd had a 20 year career and won a lot of belts. 

My argument is that it doesn't make them good. If you'd have said that they've carried people to good matches, had a killer feud, did some amazing promos, had a good entrance theme (like the aforementioned Deuce and Domino) then I'd be more convinced. Especially the latter. 

And anyway, I've put them above the SATs, if that's not a ringing endorsement then I don't know what is!

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The Harris Brothers had a career spanning decades, winning numerous titles and they’ve always been total dogshit. What a strange criteria. 

Also huge racists. There's a pattern here!