The Emma Raducanu Appreciation Thread (All Tennis welcome)

SuperBacon

• 11 months later...

Just finished Federer: Twelve Final Days on Amazon. A nice but short documentary covering his retirement announcement and the end of his career at the Laver Cup in London. It's not that deep but from a purely emotional perspective it's worth watching if you're a Federer fan. Like many I've basically followed him for most of his career and he became probably my favourite player ever. So it does hit those emotional moments for sure.

Wimbledon and tennis itself will never quite be the same again without him for me. I think just the mixture of being so good yet so likeable made him easy to like and get invested in, certainly in a way I never could with Nadal or Djokovic even though I respect their performances and accolades.

• Members
On 7/2/2024 at 7:05 AM, DavidB6937 said:

certainly in a way I never could with Nadal or Djokovic even though I respect their performances and accolades.

Nadal always had zero charisma, and Djokovic is, and always will be, a nob. That's why they'll never be adored like Rog.

Roger exudes top shagger energy and is beloved by all ages. A great man.

In other news, Andy Murray will team with Emma Raducanu in the mixed doubles. That's very cool!

On 7/4/2024 at 9:37 PM, Weezenal said:

What’s going on? Has he retired?

It's his last Wimbledon. He was supposed to play in Singles but his body wasn't up to it.

He then played Doubles with his brother Jamie, but lost in the first round. They did the interview with Sue Barker after this match.

Next, he is doing Mixed Doubles with Emma Raducanu - that's tonight on Court 1.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Rossman said:

Next, he is doing Mixed Doubles with Emma Raducanu - that's tonight on Court 1.

Sadly Murray's Wimbledon is done.  Raducanu has pulled out of the mixed doubles due to her wrist feeling wonky so it's all over :(