Videogames you wish you played when they were released

RedRooster

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

No denying the N64 has a classic library but that controller is an abomination. It was designed with Zelda and Mario in mind and works beautifully for them but the rest of the library can be a chore to play it with. It's also a bugger to map onto a proper controller when emulating.

Completely disagree. Other then your last sentence. Tony Hawk, Madden, Pro Evo, Blast Corps, Goldeneye WWF/WCW AKI games, were all dreams to play. If developers didn’t use that controller to their advantage that was on them. Nintendo always make interesting controllers, Wii probably being my least favourite, but I hated the look of the N64 controller, but playing with it was great.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Seeing what amazing developers did with Resident Evil 2 on a cartridge makes me wish to see if they could have done MGS on the 64.

Can imagine an "Insert Cartridge 2" screen as soon as you get to the first elevator. 

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I preferred Perfect Dark to Goldeneye. My memories of Goldeneye revolve around my older cousin going Oddjob each time in multiplayer "because it's his game" and me being unable to ever kill him. It soured me on the damn thing before I even got round to owning it myself. 

My mates and I always warned me away from picking oddjob because his reduced height made it easier to kill him because you didn't have to adjust your aim too much to get a head shot. Especially if they were playing as Jaws. 

Pretty sure I've told this on here before but one of our 'mates' on Goldeneye multiplayer memorised the sequence in which you respawn and would wait for you there and just kill you again immediately. Absolute cunt behaviour. 

We'd have binned him off out of the circle but his brother was the one chipping PS1s and selling games for 50p so needs must...

Think the N64 was my favourite ever console, it didn't have many games but on the plus side, no shovelware like the PlayStation.

Think I would choose Mario World as the game I wished I played when it was released. I had only just got a NES at the time of its release and probably didn't play it, with the exception of those SNES disguised as arcade machines you saw occasionally in Amusements until about 1995 When I got a SNES second hand as everyone was trading them in for the PlayStation.

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

2 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Can imagine an "Insert Cartridge 2" screen as soon as you get to the first elevator. 

More like “Insert Cartridge 2, put cartridge 1 up your arse then blow on it and press select on an unconnected second controller”