(Football, Chest) What's your clubs song?

PowerButchi

• Moderators

At Wrexham we come out to this ditty back from when we good in the 70s. It's an absolute banger though, especially when do the CLAP CLAP in the gaps in the Chorus. 

And here is Chester's 

• Paid Members

At Oakwell, the Reds enter to the theme from the TV show, Hitman and Her. Aka, Timerider - Cacoon:

Honestly no idea who introduced it to the club, or why. 

I’ve always thought football has missed a trick by not having players come out individually like a Royal Rumble. Give them their own entrances, keepers out first and the whistle goes at 3 on 3 with players coming out intermittently. Random draw but each side gets a turn at a plus one advantage until it’s 11 a side.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve always thought football has missed a trick by not having players come out individually like a Royal Rumble. Give them their own entrances, keepers out first and the whistle goes at 3 on 3 with players coming out intermittently. Random draw but each side gets a turn at a plus one advantage until it’s 11 a side.

Football Wargames? That should be how they do extra time. 

I vaguely remember some sort of suggestion alongside the opposite of that, to avoid the lottery of penalties in Extra Time every couple of minutes a player left the field of play until there was a winner.

Could easily have been a dream though in retrospect...

14 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

I vaguely remember some sort of suggestion alongside the opposite of that, to avoid the lottery of penalties in Extra Time every couple of minutes a player left the field of play until there was a winner.

It was something Jimmy Hill suggested. He may have even said the goalie should be first. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

8 hours ago, lanky316 said:

I definitely remember this being suggested in the mid-90s, as one of the mags of the time (probably 4-4-2) wrote an article that began something like :

"Wembley, 1:14am. David Seaman wearily plods upfield to launch another attack on the German goal. Literally, only the goalkeeper to beat. Oh that's unlucky, he's hit the bar. Again."

9 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Not quite to this extent, but I was wondering the other day how far away we are from some team somewhere doing individual player intros before kickoff like they do in the NBA/NFL etc. I guess it's maybe against the rules because surely someone would have done it by now?