The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Who else do they pick?

Phil Jones.

Seriously, spent a shitload of money on players like Van De Beek, Sancho, Dalot, Matic, Telles, Bailly and Diallo over the last few years who never play. Lingard barely starts despite his good form. Underutilises Cavani. Probably right for some of them but when you're struggling, odd that he's so wed to his (dreadful) double pivot and until yesterday, hadn't had another idea to utilise some of those you've spent big on. Fred and McTominay sitting at home to Villa and Everton. Can do much better than that, surely?

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Phil Jones.

Seriously, spent a shitload of money on players like Van De Beek, Sancho, Dalot, Matic, Telles, Bailly and Diallo over the last few years who never play. Lingard barely starts despite his good form. Underutilises Cavani. Probably right for some of them but when you're struggling, odd that he's so wed to his (dreadful) double pivot and until yesterday, hadn't had another idea to utilise some of those you've spent big on. Fred and McTominay sitting at home to Villa and Everton. Can do much better than that, surely?

Sure, but I go back to my original point that United are not shit because of Solskjaer. They could be better, absolutely. But there's a reason those who are more closely connected to the club are not comfortable going all-out attack on him, which was your original point, and it's not because they're his 'mates'. They know there are much bigger problems at the club than the team the manager is picking and they know bringing another manager in, which they probably need to do at this point, is not going to solve nearly as much as people think.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Sure, but I go back to my original point that United are not shit because of Solskjaer. They could be better, absolutely. But there's a reason those who are more closely connected to the club are not comfortable going all-out attack on him, which was your original point, and it's not because they're his 'mates'. They know there are much bigger problems at the club than the team the manager is picking and they know bringing another manager in, which they probably need to do at this point, is not going to solve nearly as much as people think.

I don't expect them to attack him. They're just not critical of him at all. The difference in the way they talk about others, like Arteta, is obvious. United's problems are clearly bigger than the manager but he is still A problem. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

If you're going to go former Wolves, why not do it proper this time around?

spacer.png

Bastard Spurs won't bastard go for him, because they're bastard run by a pack of bastards

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, David said:

If you're going to go former Wolves, why not do it proper this time around?

Premier League Football GIF by KICK

I can't believe Italian Bryan Ferry is ready to join, if the rumours are anything to go by. He turned them down in the summer, and after a disastrous start for them, he's in? Very jealous if it happens, although him inevitably calling Levy a stronzo and fighting with everyone on the board will be entertaining. Yet another decent manager that will have passed United by when the opportunity was there for them. 

5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yet another decent manager that will have passed United by when the opportunity was there for them. 

I assumed that Brendan Rodgers was a shoe-in for that job when Ole finally goes? He's been knocking back clubs for a while, biding his time, no?

On 10/31/2021 at 12:34 PM, tiger_rick said:

For every hundred million they spend, they still have the same fundamental issues with lack of character. 

29 minutes ago, David said:

I assumed that Brendan Rodgers was a shoe-in for that job when Ole finally goes? He's been knocking back clubs for a while, biding his time, no?

The stars are aligning, if anyone can get them showing great character, it’s Brendan.