The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

18 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Ah I didn't realise he wanted out, I've seen the documentary as well and vaguely recall scenes with him sitting down with Levy and Mourinho, but can't remember what happened as my brain is only triggering memories of the cracking Danny Rose meeting.

"Any word from Milan?" Bless him.

Yeah, Eriksen wanted out for a while and who could blame him. Ultimately he was vindicated with a title win.

• Paid Members

Being honest, his form dropped off dramatically for Spurs after making it clear he wanted out.

At the time I thought that £15m was excellent business for a player with 6 months left on his deal that seemed pretty disinterested.

Edited by garynysmon

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Awful business when you consider they spent more than three times that to replace him with Lo Celso, who they've since chucked out on loan. 

Could have bought two thirds of Nicolas Pepe for that kind of money!

A little research shows me that 34 points is the lowest number of points by a surviving team in the premier league since it switched to 20 teams. Do we think Everton are going to manage to survive on less? Incredibly lucky that there’s three shitter teams than them this season, if Burnley muster a run off the back of a win on Wednesday the Ev are fucked.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Fucking poor man's Abou Diaby.

Who I always felt was a poor man’s Lassana Diarra.