The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Wrexham have signed Les Reed as an advisor of football strategy (I dunno). This is Good news.

Who's next at Y Cae Ras, Butchi? 3 of the last 4 managers (and Keates x 2) have been former Hull City players. Should Dean Windass be expecting the call from Les?

• Moderators

Word in the pub is Mark Hughes, but Nigel Clough is favourite and I'd be inclined to agree as our new CEO Fleur Robinson worked with him for years at Burton Albion.

• Paid Members

Feel sick, Frankie. Seriously. Can't have nice things, because Everton.
This morning and afternoon has been like taking a ramble through the living embodiment of David Grays' White Ladder album.

Godfrey having an unreal showing at the Euros and handing in a transfer request will finish me off.

I honestly think it’s not the worse possible thing to happen to Everton. Ancelotti looks a bit like he’s on his retirement tour to me. That huge contract he has could become a real albatross if you lot have a shit start next season and with the locals back in attendance Ancelotti could get his first authentic experience of the toxic atmosphere Goodison can have. Also, you’ll hopefully give the job to big Dunc which can only end spectacularly.

• Paid Members

Ancelotti was always going to see Everton as a short term job. That's not said with disrespect to Everton at all, just that as MrDanger says, he looks like he's in his retirement tour.

The next appointment is going to be very important fo them though. Get it wrong, and all the good work done over the past few years will be undone and they will go backwards, just like Spurs have done. 

It’s certainly a dangerous time to be a managerless Everton fan. With Eddie Howe on the market looking like the next Roberto Martinez and there’s bound to be shouts for Moyes and Duncan Ferguson. Arteta could be available any day now too.They could probably take half the money they’re paying Ancelotti and shortlist a good selection of the best young managers in Europe or failing that have a mad bid at Bielsa.

55 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Make your mind up :)

Now someone SERIOUSLY check on @Scott Malbranque

Obviously changing managers presents a risk but it’s a golden opportunity to get a better fit for the job without having to pay £20m odd in compensation which is exactly what will happen if Ancelotti carries last seasons home form in to the new season. You don’t have to be a fan to know that they also have every chance of Evertoning the shit out of said golden opportunity. 

• Awards Moderator

I think the big concern is the players Ancelotti was hoping to attract in order to get them some kind of European revenue, as the stadium nears. Even if he was a short term (is three years short-term these days?), it was what he was meant to deliver in terms of a foundation for whoever comes in next.

As much as there’s a lot of fun and games going around between me and some mates, I do feel for the club. Hopefully the lure of the stadium will mean they’re not looking at Scott Parker or someone who’ll undo the plans. The Moyes shouts have already started.

That, or just send Dunc to Madrid to twat everyone.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

28 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Hopefully the lure of the stadium will mean they’re not looking at Scott Parker or someone who’ll undo the plans.

Not saying this is the answer, but it's not the worst option in the world. Scott Parker's teams play expansive, attacking football (yes I know he just used to spin in a circle in the middle of the pitch)

He also puts a lot of emphasis on developing players, and sooner rather than later, he will get a bigger job, so Everton wouldn't be out of their heads to mull it.

Eddie Howe on the other hand...

Everton IMO, should be going all out to try and get Graham Potter. I think he'd do an excellent job there.

• Awards Moderator
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Not saying this is the answer, but it's not the worst option in the world. Scott Parker's teams play expansive, attacking football (yes I know he just used to spin in a circle in the middle of the pitch)

He also puts a lot of emphasis on developing players, and sooner rather than later, he will get a bigger job, so Everton wouldn't be out of their heads to mull it.

Eddie Howe on the other hand...

Everton IMO, should be going all out to try and get Graham Potter. I think he'd do an excellent job there.

Usually they’d probably go for someone who can do just what you’ve said, but they need to start getting the cash in for that stadium pronto so I’d imagine they need someone who can attract big players. Poch all the way; he’s got no better options.