Your favourite "Look" in wrestling

IronSheik

One of the fascinating aspects of wrestling is how the wrestlers developed their 'look'.

Which wrestler had your favourite look of all time?

Mine is nWo Hollywood Hogan. The black stubble with the blond handlebar tasch, bandana, black and white nWo gear, ultra-tan and roided to the max. 👌5T90.jpg

• Awards Moderator

It’s changed over time for me.

As a young fan, the Real Life Superhero look of Ultimate Warrior as seen in his colouring book was the best.

image.jpeg.2e18710fda2cc7181dace76a74bc2c92.jpeg

(not my artistic work sadly)

Later into the 90s the best look belonged to The Undertaker. I still think that ‘97 teardrop look was his best, followed by the 2004 Van Helsing look.

image.jpeg.5d73e4b3b182c9b017d5beda0e885671.jpeg

By 2004 though, I was ready to settle into my ‘push the cruisers’ phase, and if you had a cool look with a mask you were near the top of my list to push. Am I saying Mysterio? Jushin Liger? Course not, I was all about the Ultimo Dragon. What a look.

image.thumb.jpeg.e5a741f552a1fbd503f7f4a08eebcddf.jpeg

These days I’ll just take anyone who looks a bit different. Sometimes just wearing something other than black trunks or not having long hair and a beard is enough to stand out.

spacer.png

The first six months of 96 for Brian Pillman were cool as fuck in terms of a look. The hair, the clothes...just cool.

Shawn Michaels, on one episode of Raw in 98, sported black jeans, a black leather jacket with no shirt underneath, and black leather gloves, and it looked awesome.

Kinda hard to argue against peak leather jacket, wet hair and wraparound shades Bret either.

• Paid Members

First names that came to mind for me were Warrior, early Loose Cannon Pillman and this fella...

2CCDB8CA-AC40-4100-864C-832A3E69731F.jpeg

Thought Razor looked boss throughout his whole WWF run but those vignettes in late 92 when he was first coming in made him look like the coolest bastard ever to me. Even though he was a baddie when he debuted, I always had kind of a soft spot for him after that. 

Edited by wandshogun09

I always loved Bret Hart as someone said above. Just so cool as a  12 year old me. I also found Michaels constantly changing tights and sparkly outfits fantastic. Those shitty brown tights less so. 

Nakamura for me in recent years. Especially his get up on his debut match v Zayn. When he is 'on' he is  brilliant. 

Edited by Michael_3165

• Paid Members

demeli.jpg
Fucking hell, when these two lads turned up you knew someone was getting hurt. Go watch their entrance at Survivor Series 1989 (as part of the best 4-piece of all time, including any Four Horseys) and turn the volume up to 11. Extraordinary.

Aside from the above mentioned, I always thought Mr Perfect looked the part like few others in wrestling. 

Below are two pics from his WWF Mag covers (I have both issues as gifts from an ex, still have them somewhere)...

Looked boss in 1991...

Less so in 1993...

PS... not great at sticking pics on here, so tweets is all you get. 

32 minutes ago, Mark Impact said:

PS... not great at sticking pics on here, so tweets is all you get. 

Yeah Mr Perfect, especially with the IC belt is top notch.

I actually think Yokozuna had an amazing look. The red / black / white variations on his ring gear was always on point and he looked imposing rather than out of shape. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, IronSheik said:

I actually think Yokozuna had an amazing look. The red / black / white variations on his ring gear was always on point and he looked imposing rather than out of shape. 

Yokozuna at 505lb was imposing enough for a look before the match but when the bell rang was mobile enough with his size to look like an absolute beast rather than a fat bloke doing a traps hold for five minutes every match to get his wind back. His squash of Virgil at Survivors 92 was absolutely first class, never has so much brutality been inflicted by two suplexes, a thrust kick, a leg drop, a bum avalanche and a Banzai Drop.

For look however at the time he was firmly second to Big Van Vader in the monster stakes. That man gave kids nightmares.

Edited by air_raid

26 minutes ago, air_raid said:

For look however at the time he was firmly second to Big Van Vader in the monster stakes. That man gave kids nightmares.

Very true. Vader has a brilliant horror movie heel look. The mask seemed to deform his face and his stature was so imposing. 

But I don't think we can be discussing great wrestler presentations and not mention the Macho Man Randy Savage. Larger than life, flamboyant, unhinged but somehow real. He was so creative in his look. The purple Macho Man t-shirt is probably the coolest ever t-shirt in the history of pop culture.

9sf9.jpg

1zyx.jpgy95G.jpg

Edited by IronSheik