Wrestling Photos

gmoney

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

TIL that Konnan was saying “bout it bout it” and not “bowdy bowdy”

Never trust what’s printed on merch as accurate. The 1993 WWF sticker album said Shawn Michaels’ motto was “Shawn Michaels is in the building.” Which he never said.

I want to see the 23 that didn't make the packaging.

"You're my Stevie Ray of sunshine!"

"You're VinCENT from above!"

"You've finally found Mr Wright!"

If they're still making these, I'm available...

On 9/26/2022 at 7:56 AM, air_raid said:

Never trust what’s printed on merch as accurate. The 1993 WWF sticker album said Shawn Michaels’ motto was “Shawn Michaels is in the building.” Which he never said.

So in reference to this, if it does indeed say "Shawn Michaels is in the building", then fair fucks!

But if you haven't seen said sticker book (the pink, Bret Hart one?) since roughly the 1993 timeframe, is not your memory playing tricks on you? He was spouting the Elvis inspired gimmick at the time, of "Shawn Michaels has left the building". Or at least the commentators were saying it a segment or two after he'd had his match/interview spot. I genuinely have no recollection or opportunity to check whether it does say what you claim! So you may well be right.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Mikeymike83 said:

But if you haven't seen said sticker book (the pink, Bret Hart one?) since roughly the 1993 timeframe, is not your memory playing tricks on you?

If you think I have looked at my 90s sticker albums and magazines since the 90s, you don’t know me.

43 minutes ago, air_raid said:

If you think I have looked at my 90s sticker albums and magazines since the 90s, you don’t know me.

Of course the Internet is fantastic for useless shit like this.

I'll not link to the exact point as I wouldn't want to ruin the suspense..

21 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Of course the Internet is fantastic for useless shit like this.

I'll not link to the exact point as I wouldn't want to ruin the suspense..

Haha. There we are, I stand corrected!!

On a side note, the top half of that Shawn Michaels double sticker combination was the only one I needed to complete that particular album. My younger sister, to not feel left out, was bought an album and probably 4 packs of stickers total. I get home from school one day and notice she has that exact one stuck (very fucking untidily by the way) in her book. Absolutely furious. To this day might I add!!

Edit: Oh and Merlin > Panini every time!

Edited by Mikeymike83

Sticking those 4 sticker ones in was such a stressful experience! If you got a dodgily cropped one you ended up with some pretty odd looking shots!

On a side note, it blows my mind that I had such an encyclopedic knowledge of my needs and swaps back then!  There was 479 stickers in that 93 premier league album, and most kids had that and the wrestling one on the go at the same time!  Imagine trying to remember which of 900 stickers you needed these days!

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, TibBo said:

On a side note, it blows my mind that I had such an encyclopedic knowledge of my needs and swaps back then!  There was 479 stickers in that 93 premier league album, and most kids had that and the wrestling one on the go at the same time!  Imagine trying to remember which of 900 stickers you needed these days!

You can remember maths and English or your swaps but not both.

You lived by the shiny you died by the shiny.