• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Fuck it, I'm owning it - I'm in my Zbysko era. If anyone wants me, I'll be over here, avoiding bumps and turning my back on the commentary desk to soak up the cheers from the crowd at Nitro.

I hope you stalled for 10 minutes before hitting post.

Arn only got started in like 1983/4 anyway. Done by 1997 is not a massively long run. It's mad to think had Arn never had the neck injuries, and kept in good nick given the length of careers people had, seeing Arn Anderson working in say 2003/4 would be possible, and blows my mind trying to concept it.

• 2 months later...

Started watching the Saturday Nights from when they first aired in April 92. Jim Herd has gone and Kip Frey is "in charge." It's a funny old show, Missy Hyatt opens every show introducing Jim Ross and then you never see her again.

Jim Ross is partnered with a different guest host every week, who also is on commentary with him. This ranges from the normal. Jesse Ventura to the not so normal, American footballers and Kip Frey even does one show. The worst so far is Jason Hervey, he was about 20 in 92 and looks about 12. He's half the height of Jim Ross and just doesn't shut up talking shit. Supposedly he was having it off with Missy Hyatt around this time which makes it even weirder.

Most of the wrestling is squash matches until the main event which is your WCW mainstays going at it

The odd thing is, every main event is 2/3 falls matches.

This is good when it's Austin vs. Z-Man or Austin vs. Windham. But the Jason Hervey episode had Arn Anderson vs. Big Josh in a 42 MINUTE match!

There was another match. Greg Valentine & Terry Taylor vs. The Freebirds for the US tag titles. The Hammer and the Taylor Made Man were the champs. By this point there were not enough credible tag teams for those belts to exist. And the teams who did have the belts were just thrown together. Bill Watts merged the belts with the World tag titles later on in the year. The last holders were Dick Slater & The Barbarian.