UFC 257: Poirier vs McGregor 2 - Jan 23 πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, Dzeko10 said:

Is it just me but is anyone not that excited for the McGregor fight? Back inΒ 2014-2017 it was such a highlight but this time fighting abroad which can't be helped and Conor being all respectful makes it a bit boring to be honest. I think it's because we know what Conor is really like that it's hard to get into one of his fights the same but he's obviously a very exciting fighter in the cage.Β 

I'm exactly the opposite. I could never really be arsed with all his shite outside the cage. His coked-up bollocks before the Khabib fight and his fake patter in pressers for fights before that.

I've always felt that he was an exciting (if overrated) talent in the cage, and I still look forward to his fights. He's never in a boring scrap, and I have always looked forward to a McGregor fight once the bell rings.

This is no different. I'm glad to see him be respectful of Poirier. What exactly do those who want the shit-talk expect him to say? He's a family man who does a ton for charity. What can McGregor do? Tear into him about that?

Nah, I want to see two handy lads step into the cage and give us a good fight. Let's get McGregor back to basics. He needs less controversy and to be training and competing more.Β 

I know there was something about a boat and some girl who said he was inappropriate a while back, but I really hope he screws the nut and gets his act together. As much as I don't like him personally, no one should want to see a father and husband come apart and inevitably become a wreck and probably penniless in his 40's & 50's.

It's difficult to get a read on how good McGregor is at this stage of his career.Β 

His last top-level winner was over 4 years ago against Eddie Alvarez. Since then, he's only fought twice in MMA. The first of which, he wasΒ mauled by Khabib, a defeat that has become more excusable with time. Gaethje and Poirier, two top-level fighters,Β were defeatedΒ by Khabib in similar fashion. The second of which, McGregorΒ smashed through Cerrone, who while a decent fighter, isn't anywhere near an elite level fighter at this stage of his career.

Therefore, the Poirier fight will probably tell us whether McGregor still has what it takes to be an elite-level fighter at 155lbs. It's a 50/50 fight in my eyes, but I have picked Poirier, simply because I want him to win and becauseΒ I have a man-crush on Mike Brown (his trainer).Β 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

He's saying all the right things at the moment, and seems to want to do what he'd planned in 2020 in 2021. Im hoping it pans out and he stays active this year, because away from all the antics and controversy, at the core he's a must-see fighter in the cage, and no one comes close to generating the level of interest and intrigue as McGregor.

33 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Dana thinking he’s hard is hilarious.Β 

Didn’t realise fight promoters had the authority to watch someone’s house, bug their phonecalls and actually prosecute people themselves.Β 

They also have the authority to turn up at their house with Chris Masters as backup.Β 

• Paid Members

Fucks sake. Ottman Azaitar has done something naughty apparently. Sounds like he’s gone out of the bubble on Fight Island or something. HisΒ fight with Matt Frevola is off.Β Tsarukyan vs Haqparast is off as well so it’s now Frevola vs Tsarukyan. Was really looking forward to seeing Azaitar back in there as well. What a donut.Β 

4521B2DF-8744-4131-97F6-F656CE2DA30C.jpeg