UFC 257: Poirier vs McGregor 2 - Jan 23 πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For anyone in here interested the Conor & Dustin press conference is happening today at 1pm (You will be able to watch it live on Youtube)

However I just read online that apparently there aren't going to be any fans there for the press conference which I'm shocked about as even Conor said in his interview with BT sports & Ariel that there were going to be fans allowed in for the presser.

Is it just me but is anyone not that excited for the McGregor fight? Back inΒ 2014-2017 it was such a highlight but this time fighting abroad which can't be helped and Conor being all respectful makes it a bit boring to be honest. I think it's because we know what Conor is really like that it's hard to get into one of his fights the same but he's obviously a very exciting fighter in the cage.Β 

3 minutes ago, Dzeko10 said:

Is it just me but is anyone not that excited for the McGregor fight? Back inΒ 2014-2017 it was such a highlight but this time fighting abroad which can't be helped and Conor being all respectful makes it a bit boring to be honest. I think it's because we know what Conor is really like that it's hard to get into one of his fights the same but he's obviously a very exciting fighter in the cage.Β 

I was having this exact same conversation with my mate last night!! This is pretty much spot on with how I'm feeling about it and when I sit and think about the sheer levels of excitement I would be at a few day's before a Conor McGregor PPV compared to what I'm feeling now it's a massive drop. Conor will always have his cult like hardcore fanbase that refuse to accept he has done or can do any wrong but I think this does show the decisions he has made and several other important factors has had a impact overall.Β 

I have to go pick up Chester from nursery at 1 so I won't be able to watch it live unfortunately but after the embarrassing - Cringefest that was the McGregor vs Cowboy press conference last year you know today is going to be pretty much a repeat of that and say what you like about that man he only became as popular and exciting to watch because when he was put in front of a microphone or in a press conference situation he would be unbelievably entertaining/funny/unpredictable and that will not be the guy we get today. Nothing that will go down at the press conference today will help to create buzz/excitement/PPV buys. I think we are at the stage now where Conor's name on the marquee is the only thing that shift sales not the build up or promotion that they do because in 2021 Conor McGregor just isn't that fun/one of a kind character anymore. However he is still a phenomenal fighter in that cage but let's be truly honest that's only a fraction of the reason he became such a megastarΒ 

So the press conference did have fans & it was pretty much a carbon copy of the Conor vs Cowboy press conference.Β 
The reported quite respectfully I thought asking Conor about the new allegations/police report that has just come out and having the fans in attendance boo the reporter and Conor himself looked really pissed off with him asking about it but come on now let's be fucking honest he has had so many sexual assault allegations be pointed at him over the past 3 years and he has got away with it pretty fucking smoothly when it comes to doing interviews and press and them not mention it or act like it's happening. I don't think for 1 minute that reporter was out of line or overstepping the mark.Β 

• Paid Members

I don’t even want to hear him talk shit anymore. And that’s because I just don’t want to hear him talk anymore full stop. I haven’t even bothered with Embedded or the Countdown for this and it’s for that reason. I’ll tune in when he fights, I’d be lying if I said I had no interest in that. But I watch everything anyway. I’m just over the whole thing and his schtick completely and I’llΒ never be won back around. It doesn’t matter what he does from here on in regarding buildup and interviews, we know too much about him now and he’s scum.Β It’s not like he was just a bit of a prick and he’s turning things around. He’s done, said and been accused of some absolutely vile and abhorrent things. TheΒ Conor McGregor we thought we knew in 2014 is a distant memory and he isn’t coming back. And even seeing that old footage now, his actions over the last few years have soured it all. I remember buzzing at the time after the 13 seconds of mayhem against Jose Aldo. Now when I see that footage I’m gutted Aldo didn’t kick his legs off.Β 

19 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

So the press conference did have fans & it was pretty much a carbon copy of the Conor vs Cowboy press conference.Β 
The reported quite respectfully I thought asking Conor about the new allegations/police report that has just come out and having the fans in attendance boo the reporter and Conor himself looked really pissed off with him asking about it but come on now let's be fucking honest he has had so many sexual assault allegations be pointed at him over the past 3 years and he has got away with it pretty fucking smoothly when it comes to doing interviews and press and them not mention it or act like it's happening. I don't think for 1 minute that reporter was out of line or overstepping the mark.Β 

Yeah didn't really get the whole booing thing either to be fair.Β 

Watching the presser I find Dan Hooker really likeable for some reason.

Most hyped fight of the weekend is Dana vs illegal streamers, I wonder what he's got planned for them.Β