UFC 257: Poirier vs McGregor 2 - Jan 23 πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I just assumed it was to block the stench of McGregor’s whisky breath.Β 

What a funny post .

Β 

Β 

Whats Dustin’s best strategy to beat McGregor ?

Β 

A lot of folks are saying Dustin only has a chance in the championship rounds but I think that’s not the case . I could well see an upset here .

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Anyone know what Poirier has been wearing round his neck this week?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKX7_QSpDEj/?igshid=18msh8t3jhhcb

Looks like something other than just a Covid mask.Β 

Chandler has one too, its probably just a fancy mask they are being paid to wear.

Β 

Looking forward to this. Thing is, beyond his absolute dickish behaviour, McGregor is still an excellent fighter. He's also carrying the confidence of starching Poirier in less than 2 minutes last time, and beating Cerrone without a scratch in 40 seconds a year ago. Poirier seems far calmer this time around, and obviously has improved by leaps and bounds as a fighter, but what happens when the cage door closes? I think if we get to Round 2 though, this fight becomes very intriguing.

The co-main is also a huge fight. I follow little MMA outside of the UFC, but I've seen Chandler fight a few times, including the wars with Eddie Alvarez. Hoping Hooker gets it done, but Chandler could make an immediate splash beating a top 5 lightweight.

After that, eh. Not too fussed on the prelims- I'll still watch them, but nothing jumping out at me besides maybe Pena vs. McMann and Tavares vs. Shoeface. Amanda Ribas looks promising on the main card so there's that. At least it's not solely the McGregor Show this time around.

• Paid Members

The other thing to bear in mind is that this fight is taking place at lightweight, not featherweight like last time. Poirier at 155 is a different beast - he seems to have found his optimal weight. That's not to say McG can't beat him, but it's not as predictable as just looking at past form.Β