Pat Patterson has passed away

Nick James

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

his major work from 78-81 in the WWWF was as a sneaky and methodical heel, not the king of brawling he became against Sarge. If I remember his turn correctly it was during a feud with Ken Patera, then he became a fantastic brawling babyface. 

Also. Again. The Alley Fight rules. 

yeah, realising I worded that horribly - I didn't mean that his peak as a brawler was in the '70s, but that those brawls were what I think of as synonymous with the WWWF style, even if he was slightly late in the day for it. 

I'd love to see the tag team stuff that pretty much everyone lauded him and Ray Stevens for. He's always struck me as someone who has held in far higher esteem among wrestlers than by the fans, and much of that will be his mind for producing matches and coming up with finishes, but also will be because a lot of his best stuff is lost.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

yeah, realising I worded that horribly - I didn't mean that his peak as a brawler was in the '70s, but that those brawls were what I think of as synonymous with the WWWF style, even if he was slightly late in the day for it. 

I'd love to see the tag team stuff that pretty much everyone lauded him and Ray Stevens for. He's always struck me as someone who has held in far higher esteem among wrestlers than by the fans, and much of that will be his mind for producing matches and coming up with finishes, but also will be because a lot of his best stuff is lost.

Try and see if anyone's selling anything on PWO. I assume someone on there might have some found footage. 

21 hours ago, theironshake said:

Glad WWE paid whatever it cost to get Frank and My Way. Pat was amazing that video had the tears in my eyes. Pats finishes were the best. RIP 

Paul Anka will be happy, he gets the majority of the money from My Way

Edited by Sheffbag

• Paid Members
On 12/4/2020 at 10:14 AM, Sheffbag said:

Paul Anka will be happy, he gets the majority of the money from My Way

David Bowie wrote a lyric for it as well, but they chose Paul Anka's version. Bowie responded by writing Life On Mars. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

David Bowie wrote a lyric for it as well, but they chose Paul Anka's version. Bowie responded by writing Life On Mars. 

Thanks for posting. I knew the story of how Life On Mars came to be, but never heard this. Thank god we got Paul Anka's take and LOM. What a win win situation that is!