Christmas 2020 (gluttony) Thread

air_raid

• Paid Members

I can’t remember if they’re packaged as a festive flavour or not but Mrs raid and I tried Walkers’ sausage roll flavour yesterday and they’re a triumph! That sweet/fattening flavour that you get from a Greggs sausage roll, much closer to the taste of the real thing than the Tesco not-Wotsits. Although the latter are great in taste and texture and we’ll definitely be buying more.

Smashed a pack of Aldi salted caramel crumble top mince pies (again, no Millionaires) over the weekend too and though the Mrs didn’t like the crumble top as much as the ones we had from Asda last year, although it reminded me of mama raids crumble so I loved them.

I did promise to myself not to mention the beer as there is a perfectly serviceable thread for that already but nipped into Bents garden centre today, one of my favourite places on Earth, and grabbed several different cans of marshmallow Porter, chocolate orange and chocolate cherry stout and a few Samuel Smiths choices. So I can drink my spare bottle of Cranborne Poacher tonight.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Dead Mike said:

Gods own supermarket comes through with another Christmas cracker. 

They are doing a biscuit set which is just Foxes Fabulous Chocolate tin with the name changed and the price dropped too. 

• Paid Members

My gran's sent me over a "care package" because I don't get to be there for Christmas Dinner. Hopefully this cheese has a reasonably long date on it as there's no way I can eat it all between now and New year. 

IMG-20201223-WA0001.jpeg

• Paid Members

Not any more. Once upon a time I'd be demolishing the lot right now while trying to figure out what to have for my tea an hour later. I picked up one of the huge blocks of Asda Smart Price cheese about a week and a half ago, and have only made it about a quarter of the way in. The Mexicana will be good when I'm doing nachos. That's probably going to last me at least a month. 

• Paid Members

She's made me a massive meatloaf as well for with my Christmas Dinner, and picked me up some cumberland sausage wheels which I might have tonight with some mash, and a load of little buffet starter type things that I'll partake of tomorrow night with Mrs Jazzy. 

• Paid Members
On 12/19/2020 at 11:56 AM, Dead Mike said:

Gods own supermarket comes through with another Christmas cracker. 

99p lads

20201218_125509.thumb.jpg.dc8c8743232e73362d775dd2b869e334.jpg

Me and the bird bought one each of these and the “turkey stuffing ball” puffings. They’re tasty and both size and number of puffs per bag are better value but the taste is ever so slightly less delicious than Tesco versions. Both bags of turkey balls have been smashed between last night and this.

While I promised myself there were no more snacks to be bought and the maple/pecan mince pies were all we needed, I grabbed a pack of Aldi sloe gin mince tarts yesterday. And very nice they are too.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, air_raid said:

I grabbed a pack of Aldi sloe gin mince tarts yesterday. And very nice they are too.

Having tried all of the Aldi mince pies (apart from the luxury 'exquisite' ones.....they're still unopened), the Sloe Gin ones were by far my favourite. I was surprised as I thought they sounded a little too wanky but I was very happy to be proved wrong. 

• Awards Moderator

This thread is son of #EATCLEAN, but I picked up my turkey from KellyBronze Farm in Danbury yesterday. Every year they work bloody hard to make picking up your meat order super festive and yesterday was no exception. Look at this dude greeting you 

20201223_120621.thumb.jpg.220f872d4a014e00085f222f8d6a1450.jpg

It was a drive through this year, with happy elves bringing you mince pies, sausage rolls and mulled cider while you queue. Fake snow blasted into the air, carols piped over the farm... magical stuff. 

More on topic, I demolished my first monster bag of Cheeselets last night. Now it's Christmas. 

we got told horror stories yesterday about how bad ASDA was so we went at 3pm to do our Christmas shop and i was dreading it. HOWEVER there was no que when we went in although we did spend 2 hours in there and spent 180 quid it was relatively painless. 

A very merry Christmas to you all from myself my partner and my boys!!!

My 3rd box of Aldi Exquisite pies has resolutely failed to make it to Christmas Eve.

We've just picked up stuff bit by bit over a week or two. My wife went to Tesco at 6am this morning to pick up buffet stuff/ basting stuff for the gammon whilst I and the little 'un slept. Her only problem being shellshock at being in Tesco at 6am.