Who will be the 10th Wonder of the World?

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

Andre was the 8th, Chyna was the 9th.

Is there anyone out there in the wrestling world these days with a unique enough look or physique to be called the 10th Wonder of the World?

(Not that they’d ever actually do that with someone, but it’d be fun to imagine)

I don’t keep track of the Performance Centre recruits but I wonder whether there’s anyone down there who might get a nickname like that, who stands out from everyone else around them. Or is there someone in the indies yet to be snapped up?

If not, let’s just talk Andre for a bit. Or Chyna.0885A155-2C6E-458A-B1CE-0E76AABC9EBA.thumb.png.fc7879b4150036f38f854ab530d90279.png

• Paid Members

Isn't there a massive ex basketball player training at the PC? He's probably the only one I can think of.

Honestly it would take something truly unique and special to grab that moniker and I'm not even sure there's any act that unusual that could justify it.

• Paid Members

The fact they never used it with someone like Khali makes me think they never will again. 

Dabba-Kato for me feels as close as they'll get to it, in terms of sheer size and fear factor. I'd even not be too fussed by someone like Shane being his mouth piece talking about his main attraction, the 10th wonder of the world and having him just smash everyone. 

Ninth wonder of the world was a terrible nickname, any time Chyna was on anything mainstream and was referred to by that most people would've just gone 'Eh? Ninth?' 

Agree with the above, a heel using it would be good for heat, it'd fit Ziggler really but obviously it'd be wasted on him at the same time 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Pogue said:

Ninth wonder of the world was a terrible nickname, any time Chyna was on anything mainstream and was referred to by that most people would've just gone 'Eh? Ninth?' 

100%. When I got back into wrestling in 2000, I had no real knowledge of Andre ever having been called the 8th Wonder Of The World, so everything around Chyna being the 9th just made no sense to me.

If anyone gets it now, it should be one of the 7 foot + Indian lads. 

I suppose an even better choice for a WWE heel would be to just call themselves the 8th wonder of the world, then you could have the commentators go on about how disrespectful it is to Andre etc. 

Thinking about it further (it's my week off) having someone called the tenth would be a bit dodgy seeing as at some point kids would wanna know who the 9th was, short of the commentators saying 'she left in 2001 then did absolutely nothing til she died, PLEASE don't Google her' it'd be a bit awkward 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Pogue said:

I suppose an even better choice for a WWE heel would be to just call themselves the 8th wonder of the world, then you could have the commentators go on about how disrespectful it is to Andre etc.

The problem then is that you're getting heat off of someone who can't possibly capitalise on it. Why spend your time ragging on someone who's been dead for years, rather than someone on the roster who can give you your comeuppance for mouthing off? There's only so many times you could do "babyface sticks up for the memory of Andre" and expect the audience to give a shit, and that number of times is "maybe once".

2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The problem then is that you're getting heat off of someone who can't possibly capitalise on it. Why spend your time ragging on someone who's been dead for years, rather than someone on the roster who can give you your comeuppance for mouthing off? There's only so many times you could do "babyface sticks up for the memory of Andre" and expect the audience to give a shit, and that number of times is "maybe once".

Get Big Show to stand up for his old man I suppose, build to a bathtub full of shite gimmick match