The Golf Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Newbury was fantastic finished 2nd at Texas scramble on the Sunday even par we had 5 birdies and 3 bogeys and one double including a bogey at the 18th that cost us victory the bogey was a 3 foot putt aswell

That was Donnington Valley wasn’t it? I got married there last year and staying there again this weekend for our anniversary funnily enough. 

Donnington Grove which is just down the road is another nice course if you’re ever back down this way

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Jacko said:

Newbury was fantastic finished 2nd at Texas scramble on the Sunday even par we had 5 birdies and 3 bogeys and one double including a bogey at the 18th that cost us victory the bogey was a 3 foot putt aswell

Im a bit of a newbie, what's a texas scramble? 

Great to see youve been out for a good round though,gutted you didn't win. 

3 hours ago, waters44 said:

That was Donnington Valley wasn’t it? I got married there last year and staying there again this weekend for our anniversary funnily enough. 

Donnington Grove which is just down the road is another nice course if you’re ever back down this way

Yes donnington valley fantastic course tough tough back 9

7 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Im a bit of a newbie, what's a texas scramble? 

Great to see youve been out for a good round though,gutted you didn't win. 

Have to take a set number of drives so because it was a 3 ball we all had to have 4 drives minimum each and then all play our shots from there and who hit the best shot play there shot from there and so forth fun game.

struggled on the Saturday massively only scoring 19 points after scoring 22 on the first 9 holes on Friday, love the game playing again Sunday at Aston wood 

• Paid Members
On 10/17/2020 at 10:38 PM, PowerButchi said:

Five pound? Yes please! 

FB_IMG_1602970616609.jpg

Love a bit of an outfit me. Those are glorious. Discovered early on (being an extrovert) that it really gets in the heads of folk at my place (nice club, lot of pretend money types though) particularly during the singles competitions. I'm certain my blue breeks/pink shoes combo was the reason I won three medals on the bounce in 2018.

All part of the fun though. 

Played like a nob today. 30 Stableford points, so well below my handicap - gaining 13 points on the 5 par 3s, so you can imagine how badly I've driven it.

Lost a fiver too, to a friend of a friend who "hasn't played for a while" so is "playing off 21" today. 

Bastard.