The Golf Thread

PowerButchi

Well I've just made my first ever Hole In One today.

Par 3, about 135 yards and slightly uphill. 9 iron, one bounce, two bounce and in.

I went in the bar afterwards and there were only 3 blokes there, plus the 3 I played with. 5 pints of peroni and 2 IPA's - cost me £30.80.

Never again.

Edited by Max Power

• Moderators

I was too busy enjoying myself to take many photos. But the old course in Nefyn is the most beautiful place I've ever played and a super fun challenge. 

Royal St Davids was far too hard and not even a fun course but the blue 9, old course, in Nefyn is gorgeous. The first is a 300 yard par 4 where the first 250 are straight and flat  then the green sits atop a fucking vertical 100ft cliff! The 4th is a 170 par 3 where you can either play over a ravine to get to the green, or you can go the long alway around. We thought we're only here once so go for it and two of us made the green (I was one with my 3 wood) 

And the 6th is a fucking amazing 130 par 3 from the coastguard watch tower onto a green on a fucking island essentially. I made it ten foot away with my 6!

Then three putted the fucker. 

Honestly. Nefyn Golf course is the finest course I've ever played. It's stunning. 

Abersoch on Friday was half links and half park. A nice course, but after thrashing it on the links for 2 and a half rounds, the park bit was a piece of piss and I broke 90. 

Nefyn is 38 pound green fees, and that's an absolute bargain. 

received_639467437445279.jpeg

received_526066772057371.jpeg

received_1580885302110824.jpeg

received_1319609988435595.jpeg

received_346422467010107.jpeg

Edited by PowerButchi