Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Did the Lords tour last year and the guide was pointing to how many strips they had and mentioned how it was just a couple of days till the first game of the year, and they were using the furthest strip on one side, which was about a quarter of the way between the stands. Imagine my lack of surprise when said game featured Sam Northeast getting 335.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I've well and truly got the bug again after starting to follow Lancashire Womens, have to credit your post for that Lister! Watched the stream of both their Metro Bank games where they've looked really comfortable - the win today got me so jazzed I decided I can't wait for the Vitality Blast and I've nabbed a ticket to see them play at Old Trafford in a couple of weeks.

Also realised there's a day of The Hundred at OT on my birthday so my wife is coming to that with me as my birthday present. 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Quite the happening in a womens world cup qualifier today. UAE needed a win to get through to the next stage, racked up 192 in 16 overs and were obviously going to win, but panicked when they saw rain was coming in and they might not have time to finish the innings and get through five overs of their opponents innings so they could get a DRS result. They tried to declare but were told that wasn't allowed under the competition rules, so they had no option but to bat out the rest of the innings.

Well, no option except...

 

Screenshot_8.png

  • Paid Members
Posted

Took my first visit to Old Trafford today to watch Lancs take on the Blaze in the Women's Metro Bank One Day. Beautiful weather, I had to retreat inside the pavilion a few times to cool down, and a relatively comfortable win for Lancs made the day lovely. Some good catches on both sides to keep it fun, and there were a few vocal Blaze fans in attendance to give it a little atmosphere.

Will be back again at least a few more times this year.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I am currently sat five yards from World Cup winner and recent MCG test match captain Heather Knight who is about to bat at Exmouth Cricket Club. I think she may have used her many years of experience to spot that this end of the field is clearly used for sledging in winter.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

"You lads have a bat" isn't looking the best call at 498-3 at the close of day 1 is it. I know Zimbabwe are not very good but their bowling is meant to be their stronger discipline. 

Muzarabani is stuck in the Heath Streak position, isn't he? Clearly a really good bowler who should be used as a strike bowler, but stuck anchoring the attack because nobody else is that good.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

spacer.png

In a glorious display of pettiness, we've chosen not to do the gentlemanly thing and concede this cup tie against Hoylandswaine (who are now boasting ex-England star Samit Patel in their all-star line-up), and it's going to be replayed in a couple of weeks. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Imagine not loving Test Cricket. The WTC final and then the India/England test match. Incredible match. Genuinely thought that after Stokes had gone, we'd collapse again. 

 

I absolutely adore Ben Duckett. I love seeing him in the line-up when they pan across and have to drop down for him, and he's such a lovely player to watch. 

 

All the commentators were slagging the Indian bowlers off, saying they were 100% reliant on Bumrah, but with the exception of some great tail bowling by Tongue, ours isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. I'm still sad that Jimmy was forced to retire. Used to be a 100% bowler fan, now with Duckett, Root, Smith and Stokes, I enjoy watching the batsmen more. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

That was one of my favourite ever tests to watch and listen to. Back and forth like a three act play. 

We better pray that Wood and Archer somehow make it to Australia fit and in form though (feel like I've been saying that the last three tours there). The current bowling attack is getting mullered down under. 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I’ve only been able to watch the highlights on iPlayer over the last 5 days, but that was absolutely brilliant. What a match.

My only comment is that the BBC commentators (particularly Cook) need to learn another superlative aside from “glorious”. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...