This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

I can't believe we've arrived and the fight is on tonight. It still feels a bit surreal after wanting to see it for so long and it taking years to happen, but finally we are here and it's almost upon us. I expect it to be cagey at first, both trying to figure one another out but somewhere around the halfway stage, it catches fire and ends up being a epic fight. I've gone back and forth on who wins it, I can give good reasons for why both will come out victorious, but at a push I have to just edge towards  "Bud" taking it on a very close points decision. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I didn’t see one prediction of it going down like that. Crazy. Reminded me of Brook vs Khan in a way, although obviously these two weren’t over the hill and it was a bigger and more relevant fight. But just from the fact that everyone was expecting this mega competitive battle and then one guy just completely battered the other. I thought Crawford would win but I never pictured it looking like that. 

IMG_2855.jpeg

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing (Paul vs. Diaz - August 5th)🥊
  • Paid Members

well, I did think this should probably go in the Shit Boxing thread, but ultimately it's a pro fight, and there's pro fight's on the card so it's here...

F2YnMxUWYAA9L9c.thumb.jpg.85c8d70cad883e1d91d6771f40026db4.jpg

Who's in?

10 rounds of boxing. I don't really know how this goes, I'm favouring Paul because of the size difference and partially because i'm unsure how Diaz' punching power translates the boxing. I could genuinely see Diaz spend alot of this covered by daring Paul to try to hurt him whilst also dicking about a bit. It could be a bit of a farce, but i'm sure it'll be entertaining. 

Fight week ain't really ramped up yet, but i'm sure it will. I'm hoping Diaz at least puts in some effort because he genuinely looks like he's not arsed to his point.

• Paid Members

I don’t know if it’s because it’s following genuinely quality legit fights like Crawford vs Spence and Inoue vs Fulton, or just because I’m really done now with this ‘influencer’, YouTuber, silly crossover bollocks but I really couldn’t give a single fuck about this. When it was first announced I was quite up for it but I’m not feeling it at all now it’s nearly here. Might look up the highlights the next day but I’m not gonna go out of my way to watch it. 

Always fun watching one of these MMA fighters come in to the boxing world, after years of talking about how good a boxer they are, getting the biggest paycheck they have ever received to face a YouTuber in the boxing ring and getting humbled.

On 8/1/2023 at 8:02 PM, Gooner said:

Always fun watching one of these MMA fighters come in to the boxing world, after years of talking about how good a boxer they are, getting the biggest paycheck they have ever received to face a YouTuber in the boxing ring and getting humbled.

Virtually all of these MMA fighters readily admit that when they say "how good a boxer they are," they're talking about MMA terms. Which is vastly different.

And that paycheck you speak of is usually more than most legit boxers will ever see.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

Diaz will definitely give the 'this ain't a real fight' schpiel if he loses, he's already getting it in.

I'm looking forward to this though. Fight Week has been good, Diaz has been pretty subdued but he's always got that air of unpredictability about that keeps you interested. I'm not expecting a good fight, but I do expect some drama.