This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah, i love me some Dave Allen but i dont know how i feel about the comeback. He took a horrible beating the last time he fought anyone decent, Big Fraze may batter the poor fucker.

Marku/Moran on the undercard is gonna be a wild one.

• Paid Members

I dont think many expected domination on that level. Smith was just off. He doesn't seem the type to complain but I wouldn't be surprised to find out he was pretty compromised going in. Eubank looked great though.

Natasha Jonas played down the rolling of the ankles post-fight saying that something Smith does out of habit, which is a bit weird.

Clarke/Allen was a shambles though, putting that on the show backfired. Mess.

Supposedly the back injury which postponed the rematch hampered Smith's weight cut. He had to take off 45lbs after the new date was announced. Cut too much, too fast. I think once he saw 20,000 had sold out the AO.  He's making the date, otherwise Eubank was off for another fight. Smith ain't getting another payday like that.

Just seen Brian McIntyre. Eubank/Crawford/Stevenson's trainer has been remanded in UK custody. Tried to get on the plane back to the States with a gun in his bag!! What a nutter. Begs the question, did he enter the UK with it as well.

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing (Zhang vs. Joyce II - Sept 23rd) 🥊
  • Paid Members

Screenshot_20230629_152526_com.instagram.android_edit_514702747282919.jpg.e6a57028080678bb7cc8e4659069c9fb.jpg

6 days out from the rematch.

I don't think many people thought we'd be in this position with Joe Joyce now but here we are. The first fight couldn't have gone any worse for Joe Joyce. I dunno if it was case of buying into his own hype and underestimating Zhang, or he simply met his match because it was spectacuarly wrong that night. All the weird mythology Joyce build up around his chin and never ending gas tank went up in flames, Big Bang battered the fucker. 

I'm pretty surprised they called for the rematch but Joyce must clearly think he can do better because i'd have avoided Zhang at all costs. Rumor is Joyce is coming in bigger for this, so that tells me he's planning on metting Zhang in the middle of the ring for a bit of a big man war, I hope that's the case because it should be good whilst it lasts.

Big Juggernaut, Big Juggernaut!

th.jpg.0220ffa6ef0d4978c11ae3106dfadd83.jpg

• Paid Members

Yeah looking forward to that one. Fair play to Joyce for throwing himself straight back in there with Zhang after the way that first fight went. He took a right beating. Coming in lighter last time didn’t sound like a terrible idea pre-fight. Being lighter and quicker sounded logical. Until the fight started getting rough and he didn’t have the extra weight behind his shots and probably not quite the same punch resistance as well.

All that said, I’m struggling to see a different result here. I just think Zhang’s gonna be really awkward for him regardless. The size of him, being southpaw, and just the fact he seems to be made of cement. As Gorilla Monsoon would say, “the immovable object”. I’d love to see Joyce get that win back but I don’t have a good feeling about it.