This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Rossman said:

What happened with Joe Cordina's fight location last night? Eddie Hearn previously said he had outgrown the 5k Cardiff arena. Then he went back to box at that dinner hall room in Monte Carlo.

Paid show for good money. You sacrifice the atmosphere but you get paid better than for 5k in Cardiff. 

• Paid Members

Im pretty sure the Eubank's fell out over the weight issue for the Benn fight that fell through. Eubank Sr. said if Jr. Had fought Benn at the weight contracted he would have died in the ring, and he was campaigning to have the fight cancelled. I think Jr. just cut him loose after that and went his own way. 

Now Sr. has aligned himself with Harlem and gone into full pro wrestling mode. He's saying stuff like Benn has been running from Harlem for 2 years, but it wasn't until the last week or so that I even knew Harlem/Benn was a thing being talked about. It's all abit weird but it's shone a light on Harlem, also helps that he was in an exciting fight last night and stopped a guy a lot of top guys haven't been able to stop.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

bloody hell, but of a shocker in Manchester last night. Nathan Heaney beating Denzel Bentley, big ol' upset. Heaney celebrated like he'd won a World Title, great to see, a proper over-acheiver story. I think Bentley came in with the mindset that it was going to be an easy night's work and paid the price.

Good night of fights, but again the timing is all to fuck. No main event should be finishing at half 12 at night, just why!?!? If Nathan Heaney hadn't been switched to the last fight of the night kept his loyal fans in there, the Arena would have been empty to watch Nick Ball.

F_S3aRFXwAA1zqB.thumb.jpg.e726e88d38bd0a5460b49caaa89f4404.jpg

• Paid Members

Nick Ball is a good fighter and an even better cheat. Forearms, hip tosses, pushes, he has quite a repertoire. I want to see him fight Josh Warrington, it will be carnage. The fight with Dogbe was entertaining, the knockdown was a push rather than a punch though. 

Some good fights on that card, but as Ebb says it was ridiculously long.