This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

No news flash but Beterbiev’s a damn beast. Love watching him. Smith tried his best but he was just clearly outmatched. Beterbiev’s defence was on point, when Smith did land Beterbiev just soaked it up, and when Beterbiev let loose Smith wilted.

IMG_9965.thumb.jpeg.b584d82d8842fc67ea39bb53e0787d7d.jpeg

Bring on Beterbiev vs Bivol! That fight needs to happen and now is the time.

Seen Bellew has taken to Twitter to accuse Beterbiev of being on the juice.

IMG_9966.jpeg.1cbf055582288280b8035f88e7d5c4cc.jpeg

IMG_9967.jpeg.8a32999d1e952eae6607a115e5e582f0.jpeg

IMG_9963.thumb.jpeg.ec0408cf330f9eca21f4d0304f503cbd.jpeg

Whether he is or not, I’m sure a lot of the top boxers are taking something. But there’s literally no more evidence against Beterbiev than there is anyone else. Keeps harping on him “getting stronger with age” and shit. Has he never watched Beterbiev before or something? He’s always been a bull, always been a finisher, 100% finish rate etc. He hasn’t gotten more strong, he’s the same old Beterbiev. Maybe it’s just a case of his mate Smith not being quite as good as Bellew thinks and not being on Beterbiev’s level. Where was this talk during the whole Conor Benn fiasco? Didn’t he back Benn? Or the Dillian Whyte controversy a while back? Clearly just sour grapes because his boy got chinned. Which, fair enough, back your mates. But to try to tarnish someone else’s name in the process is bollocks. 

Edited by wandshogun09

Yeah Smith landed a few decent hooks and uppercuts and Beterbiev couldn't have cared less🤣

Yeah that stemmed from the atypical findings in his test, definitely most top fighters and athletes take something, just in some camps they've got cycling down to a fine art and in others they get popped. Yeah Bellews talking shit isn't he, didn't he watch how Beterbiev walked down Gvozdyk, or how he annihilated all his opponents. 

Yeah boxing needs to get Bivol and Beterbiev over the line ASAP, no marinating or procrastination just get it done.

Beterbiev is the same now as he was 5 years ago, he isn't suddenly stronger or being more decisive in his wins. He's not got a lot of miles on the clock because of turning pro late in his career. He never failed a drug test, now what came out of it by the statements wasn't ideal, he may be guilty, not guilty I personally don't even know anymore in this sport but Bellew with his Matchroom hat and friendship hat on wants to chime in now, yet very quiet when his friends fighters failed two drug tests but claimed he wasn't trying to get pregnant, he is INNOCENT.  

Beterbiev picks his shots so well, everything he throws wherever it lands on a fighsters body looks like it leaves it mark, Smith fought gallantly and tried but he just isn't at this man's level in the ring. I hope it is Beterbiev ve Bivol next, been waiting ages for it to happen and everything recently seems to be pointing in the direction of that fight taking place next. It's very compelling on paper qith the different styles and how good both fighters usually look in the ring. My mind hasn't changed when the fight was talked about a few years ago, I can't ser Bivol being able to keep away from Beterbiev for 12 rounds, he may take a early lead on the scorecards but at some point he'll get hunted down, caught, hurt and I'd then expect Beterbiev to finish him off between 9th and 10th round. 

• Paid Members

Gotta say as well, Anthony Yarde’s showing against Beterbiev is ageing well. At the time I remember a lot of people speculating that maybe Yarde doing well and having his moments was because Beterbiev was slipping. That didn’t look to be the case at all last night. He looked sharp as a tack. 

Yeah a lot of people dined out on the Yarde fight saying that it made Beterbiev look really beatable, we all see fights in different ways and in my opinion I never got that vibe at all. 

Beterbiev doesn't mind shipping a few to land a few, or dropping a few early rounds and once Beterbiev got into the swing of it it was another one of his demolition jobs. 

100% Yarde done well, arguably very well for his level, but to look at that and then say Smith has any sort of real chance, I dunno I just never saw it. The triangle theory doesn't nessecarily work in fighting.

• Paid Members

Plus I think Yarde is actually better than many gave him credit for going in. He had that criticism of fighting subpar opposition for a long time but he definitely stepped up in the Lyndon Arthur rematch and didn’t disgrace himself at all in the Beterbiev fight. 

Yeah I agree, I think a poster mentioned on this thread that he would like to see him with a different trainer to Tunde and I second that,he has great physical assets and like you say is better than given credit for, maybe in a different camp he'd shine brighter. Him and Tunde seem to have a great bond though. 

Yeah that's it. Do you know what I might be in the minority here, and I'll admit I wasn't overly keen on Davidson at one stage but I must say he has grown on me and I don't think he is a bad trainer at all.

Moloney fight last night was an absolute war, scorecards were a bit iffy though.