This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Another solid weekend ahead, Sky and DAZN:

3_FEB_FULL_CARD-819x1024.thumb.jpg.03f4a80e4fcc990c9b107f7e4d76a01e.jpgGFA4P3qXAAAYGDZ.thumb.jpg.e357c490d68b54fb362daf3d3e52722e.jpg

Azeez/Buatsi is my favorite fight of the year so far, genuinely can't wait. I'd love to see Dan Azeez pulls it off. Solid little undercard of exciting prospects too, 

Benn/Dobson is taking place in Vegas but at UK friendly times if you were wondering. I know the knives are still out for Benn but he remains must see TV in ring, so should be decent. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Benn/Dobson is taking place in Vegas but at UK friendly times if you were wondering. I know the knives are still out for Benn but he remains must see TV in ring, so should be decent.

Bashing up uber drivers for evermore. Benn calls out all the top guys but only ever fights inactive fighters who work in the gig economy. 

2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Bashing up uber drivers for evermore. Benn calls out all the top guys but only ever fights inactive fighters who work in the gig economy. 

I thought it was dug up old fighting corpse he likes to fight whilst giving it the "tough guy" act lol. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Gooner said:

I thought it was dug up old fighting corpse he likes to fight whilst giving it the "tough guy" act lol. 

A little from colum A, a little from B. Realistically who is the best fighter Benn has beaten, Algieri? A man who was bringing the curtain down on his 13 year career.

4 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

A little from colum A, a little from B. Realistically who is the best fighter Benn has beaten, Algieri? A man who was bringing the curtain down on his 13 year career.

I agree and yes I would say Algeri who at that point was a part time nutritionist and part time commentator is the best fighter on his resume, not that it is  saying much. He meets anyone with a pulse he gets finished he's already mentioned Haney again and everyone else who wants it at 147lbs. 

• Paid Members

There's no doubt Dobson is being put there to be knocked over, but I do really want to see Benn thrown in the deep end after this. He's saying all the right things, it's time to see it.

Johnny Fisher is fighting on the card and has apparently taken 200 fans to Vegas, fair play to him.

Have to say, for what it's worth and it doesn't always count for anything come fight night; But Azeez certainly looks the more relaxed and ready. There is a tense demeanour about Joshua Buatsi. 

As far as underdogs go though, I don't think you can get as much as a live one as Dan Azeez, would not he surprised at All to see him win.

Whittaker, will he be world champ, won't he? One things for sure though, that Naz act is getting extremely tiresome, as is showboating all the time vs the opponents he's been fighting. 

He's got lots of ability and talent, but I don't think he's going to have the career he thinks he's going to have. I may well be proven wrong in time, but i just don't see him getting to the top.

• Paid Members

He's about as marmite a fighter as you can get. The frustrating thing about the 'Naz' act is that he's doing it against guys levels below him, if he starts doing it against fighters with a bit of a reputation the general opinion in him will likely sway a little.

100%. Yeah dreadful carry on that when he's fought the likes of who he has so far.. All a little bit farcical. 

Yeah quite often we see people go from disliked to liked, to disliked again and so on, I'd give him his due rightly so as a fighter if he excels but I think as a person he seems to be a total wally. 🤣