This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Davison will always be viewed with some derision by the traditional boxing fraternity as he didn't box but came in from the outside. He must be either good or have the gift of the gab as he has trained some pretty big fighters already. 

Moloney fight was a war as you say. I thought Moloney won, probably 115-113 or 116-112. I didn't think the scorecards were that far off. 

• Paid Members
On 1/14/2024 at 7:12 PM, NeverYield said:

Moloney fight last night was an absolute war, scorecards were a bit iffy though.

The top 3 fights were all quality in their own way. 

Did you see the Mbilli/Murdoch fight? Thank good Murdoch's corner finally pulled him out, he took an insane amount of power shots from a big puncher. Mbilli is tons of fun to watch.

Beterbiev just broke Smith. Just a heavy handed pressure fighter of the highest order. Its been pointed out buf he rarely actually knocks people out, he just clubs them into submission. The Bivol fight will be great.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

The top 3 fights were all quality in their own way. 

Did you see the Mbilli/Murdoch fight? Thank good Murdoch's corner finally pulled him out, he took an insane amount of power shots from a big puncher. Mbilli is tons of fun to watch.

Beterbiev just broke Smith. Just a heavy handed pressure fighter of the highest order. Its been pointed out buf he rarely actually knocks people out, he just clubs them into submission. The Bivol fight will be great.

Mbilli-Murdoch was a cracker, yeah Murdochs corner did the the right thing. You can't take too many beatings like that in your career.

Mbilli is quality for me, has an oldschool, fun style and excellent ring craft, can throw hard shots from all sorts of angles and those deft little side steps while he had Murdoch on the ropes to create better angles for power shots were lovely. Mbilli vs Morrel or Munguia are great fights to make.

Boxing could do with fighters like Mbilli being promoted better in my opinion, his promoter does a terrible job with him. 

Beterbiev is a machine, yeah more of an accumulated damage fighter than a one hitter quitter, him and Bivol needs to happen as soon as possible, with the way boxing has been lately, I feel it might. 

• Paid Members

Well I was wrong about Cullen v Chelli. I found that fight dull. To me it looked like neither was trying to lose rather than to win. 

Jonas v Mayer was a very good fight though. I thought that Mayer had won quite easily probably 97-93. I knew though that there was no way she was getting the decision. 

Ryder vs Munguia has absolute tear up written over it, Ryder has been on the end of some terrible decisions in his career, denied a couple of great paydays, he just gets on with it, veteran.

Crocker fight will be a good one aswell, look forward to it.

Good fight from Crocker, Felix has immense heart. 

It is worth noting though that Felix was not in his natural weight class, Crocker did not make weight and was a few lbs over and the ring was also tiny! Everything in fact was stacked against Felix.

I don't like to ignore what's obvious and while the fight was fun, that was bullshit antics from Crocker, shaking his head after every punch, and raising his hand after every round like he was in some sort of gruelling bout, really turned me off him and had me rooting for Felix the whole time. 

Let's get Crocker in there with David Avanesyan and then let's gauge how good he is, not dragging people out of their weight classes.

• Paid Members

Yeah, savvy matchmaking for Crocker, but it came off a little cheap. They were clearly several weight classes apart. Suppose he got the viral moment and the weight will go over most people's heads. I do like Crocker though, he's going to be fun to follow.

Didn't seen the Ryder fight in the end, but reading he got battered.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Didn't seen the Ryder fight in the end, but reading he got battered.

He got battered like a kebab in the chippy tea thread Egg. Hopefully Ryder has made a few quid in the last few fights and can retire. Canelo said he was the toughest Brit he fought, he was robbed against Callum Smith and he's always been game in every fight. Mungia was too much for him and it was a proper one sided affair. No dishonour in defeat for a good servant of the fight game.