This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

If it’s true then it’s absolutely fucked that the commission just kept testing him until they got the result they wanted and let him fight. 

If it’s true then Weeks trying to save his own career by throwing the commission under the bus probably isn’t gonna end well for him.

If it isn’t true and Weeks is lying to save his own skin then that’s also not ending well. Although I don’t know why he’d lie about something so serious when he could easily be made to look foolish if it’s bollocks.

Hopefully it’s shite and the post is fake and not really from Weeks. Because the other options…aren’t good. 

Edited by wandshogun09

4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

If it’s true then it’s absolutely fucked that the commission just kept testing him until they got the result they wanted and let him fight. 

This is the doctor they got in for the definitive test

Episode 4 Hello GIF by The Simpsons

Beterbiev-Smith then? Lots of talk floating around that Smith is getting Beterbiev 'at the right time', and while there is a case for that I just don't see it at all...

People seem to think Beterbiev looked really beatable against Yarde, but again, just don't see it, Beterbiev doesn't mind dropping a few early rounds and then just breaking somebody down with his onslaught which is exactly what happened to Yarde, Beterbiev went to work and Yarde didn't have the tools to do a thing about it 

Smith will be more comfortable at the weight but I see him going into survival mode like he did vs Canelo and just tucking up until he's had all he can handle, again, I suspect he will have some moments early on, he will know that if he is anyway like he was vs Ryder or Canelo, then it's over from the word go, but I just think once Beterbiev sizes him up and starts letting his hands go it's only going to go one way.

Massive win for Smith if he does it. 

• Paid Members

The fight in that division that everyone wants to see is Bivol v Beterbiev. I hope Smith doesn't fuck that up to be honest. 

Yards didn't have the tools to do anything because his trainer seems to spend more time shouting "LIONS IN THE CAMP" than he does training Yarde. Yards has all the physical attributes,  he just needs a good coach. 

Typical boxing with Bivol and Beterbiev not happening sooner, great fighters the pair of them that would make an interesting fight, a fight which I see Bivol winning

Shame we rarely get the fights we want to see  across the majority of the divisions, but to be fair 2023 was a good year for boxing compared to recent years in a more in your face sense, there's often pretty good fights that fly under the radar because of promotional issues or whatever or people just not following them. For example to people who follow boxing we've known about Inoue for a long time but Boxing day may be some people's first time seeing The Monster, hopefully that will open people's eyes up to looking at world boxing a bit deeper. I just hope boxing continues in the same vein it did for 2023 and we get some crackers made soon

Yeah Tunde is probably going to lead Yarde down a path of gimme fights, step ups where he gets beaten, back to gimme fights, rinse and repeat til he retires, don't rate Tunde at all

• Paid Members

Yep, Yarde has another tune up in the works. Such a strange way to go about his career, he literally goes from 0-100 every time he steps up. It's a shame because there's a bunch of Light Heavies in this counry id love to see him fight.

Really looking forward to Beterbiev/Smith. I think Smith was written off initially but as it's getting closer i'm seeing a few things about him maybe pulling this off. 

There is some good fights out there for him, and he has all the physical attributes and clearly lives the life inside and outside of camp, never straying too far from fight shape but it just all goes wrong when Tunde appears 

Yeah I'm looking forward to it aswell, it's not Bivol-Beterbiev but settling for the fights we get is a regular occurrence in boxing and I reckon this will potentially be carnage while it lasts, would be great to see Smith do it, hope he brings a decent gameplan that isn't too negative but not reckless enough to let Beterbiev into his ribcage early, as I'd like to see him give a really good account of himself before I believe he gets taken out of there 

Atypical findings in Beterbievs drug test

It's not a failed test but it doesn't look good to be honest, especially with the delays regarding tooth infection etc etc, and I'm a big fan of beterbiev and his style. He is also late thirties, so in fairness when people of that age have raised levels of Test its usually because they have been taking something