This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Haney is one hell of a defensive fighter, and Loma is probably on the slide. If Haney can keep it boring he wins. 

Cameron will have to knock Katie Taylor out to get the decision, and then it would only be a majority decision. Taylor on points is most likely. 

• Paid Members

Cant see past Haney winning. Everything ive seen suggest Haney is looking to big man Loma a bit, thats not really his style but it could make for better viewing.

Like this custom poster too...

20230519_171024.jpg.a88174926a6859c64265557209e6490f.jpg

• Paid Members

I think Haney wins but I hope Loma gets it done. What’s up with Haney? He seems angry at nothing. Loma’s been his usual self as far as I’ve seen, hasn’t been disrespectful in any way. I guess Haney’s just trying to create hype but it seems so forced and unnatural for him. You expect that kind of shit out of a little cretin like Tank Davis but Haney’s coming across like a babyface who’s trying to be a heel. And like you say, it was such a stupid thing to do. There’s so many people up there on the stage and Loma could’ve easily rolled ankle or tripped over someone’s foot or something silly and injured himself. Then what? The fight’s off and you’ve done all that training and forcing the heel bollocks for no reason. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, he seems agitated. It might that it's first fight on PPV and he's trying to stir it up, but I do think we may see a more aggressive Haney tonight looking to stop Loma. Haney says he's expecting a dirty fight so the agitation and aggression it probably him getting ready for it.

Here's the Taylor/Cameron lineup too, its solid:

20230520_101407.thumb.jpg.bf7b8956c447e1dbd72033a50b38cb38.jpg

50 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeah, he seems agitated. It might that it's first fight on PPV and he's trying to stir it up, but I do think we may see a more aggressive Haney tonight looking to stop Loma. Haney says he's expecting a dirty fight so the agitation and aggression it probably him getting ready for it.

Here's the Taylor/Cameron lineup too, its solid:

20230520_101407.thumb.jpg.bf7b8956c447e1dbd72033a50b38cb38.jpg

Believe the Harper fight is off as of this morning. 

• Paid Members

Turned out to he a bit a nightmare for Irish Boxing in the end. 

First off, Katie Taylor's ring entrance was epic, one of the best i've ever seen. There was a sense from the opening minute though that Taylor's team and Matchroom had got this wrong. Cameron's presence and come forward pressure was too much. The size difference played a massive part and whilst Taylor had moments she just couldn't stop Cameron coming at her. I had it 97-93 Cameron, im glad the judges didn't get it wrong.

20230521_134712.thumb.jpg.9b7b150a1437d57054d6df13addb6927.jpg

Gary Cully had a mare too. It was all set up for him to become the next star of Irish Boxing, you couldn't have had a better platform to announce yourself and he shat it. Getting brutally stopped as a 1/33 favorite, crazy. When are British promoters gonna learn than bringing in unheralded Mexican's with good KO ratio's is a terrible idea? 

• Paid Members

Well, I think they did Loma dirty on the card Saturday night.

Haney/Loma was one of the hardest fights to score I think i've ever watched. I gave up after round 6 because I was genuinely guessing as to who I thought had won rounds, it was that tight a fight. That said, the clear rounds won towards the end of the fight were clearly Loma's, so come the end of the fight I thought he'd done enough to win, it seems most other people felt that way too but Haney got the nod. If you wanna say it was bullshit, just point to round 10, the round where Loma visibly hurt Haney and by far the easiest round to score all night, one judge gave it to Haney, madness. All the eye catching stuff came from Loma, Haney was doing great work to the body, but Loma's left hand was catching him clean all night. Feels like Loma was denied of the great, historic wins. Loma is the man.

oh, and this happened on the undercard:

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊
  • Paid Members

wee heads up for an utterly ridiculous night of boxing taking place tomorrow, 3 shows, 3 World Title Fights, all taking place at the same time for us.

On Sky Sports:

Screenshot_20230404_143114_com.instagram.android_edit_3005296900357045.jpg.19faf5ea4c562b5e97049f12d5e90d40.jpg

On BT Sports:

Screenshot_20230322_225812_com.instagram.android_edit_2100418450756058.jpg.03c984112e92adb9ff6ac17d38ce80bf.jpg

on DAZN:

FB_IMG_1684844920348.jpg.f55e403d0d3f64fa69c8d8cd089411fc.jpg

I mean, pick your poison. 3 solid main events. I've read the Conlan/Lopez fight will take place around 9pm, so you can watch that one then switch over for Lara/Wood, Okokie/Billam-Smith.

There's a few decent fights sprinkled across each card and I wanna try getting around as much as this I can. Just madness to do them all on the same evening though.