The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Wrestlers are stupid dickheads.

My new favourite wrestlerism are those who respond to the, “You Deserve It!” chants with, “No, I don’t deserve it, I earned it!” As if it’s some profound statement, rather than silly semantics with the exact same sentiment.

Is it any wonder Kane was considered a locker-room intellectual.

• Paid Members

Dolph Ziggler’s “it’s not showing off if you back it up” always clanged for me. Showing off *is* backing it up, dummy. 

• Paid Members

This is also the industry that a had a hugely influential promo including the words "look at the adjective. Play". The bar's not high.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Duke said:

This is also the industry that a had a hugely influential promo including the words "look at the adjective. Play". The bar's not high.

That reminds me, according to WWE maths, we're now less than a year from the 30th anniversary of Hogans reveal as the third man.

MVP and potentially Lashley leaving is interesting, I know the AEW roster is bloated, but I wouldn’t object to seeing either or both of them there. Heck, Tony Khan could reunite Hurt Business, a feud with The Patriarchy could be a lot of fun.

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

She's been stealing a career for what, 15 years or something? You know she's shit if even she can't get in on the Bloodline action at this point.

Her longevity is utterly baffling. 

• Paid Members

I hate Seth Rollins. He’s shit. I don’t want him anywhere near this feud. I don’t want him on my TV full stop.

However. Summerslam? Special ref? CM Punk?

Rehashed 1997 finish is back on, lads. Let’s go!

IMG_8925.jpeg.a097a49be4d3df2d5898989f96d11978.jpeg

Decent Raw for the highlights. The SummerSlam card is starting to look great on paper now, with the added prospect of Roman returning. It's going to be weird seeing Punk back in action. He's like Thiago-at-Liverpool for me now, where I'm afraid to enjoy him too much in case he gets injured again.

Credit to them, all they had to do was Austin 1997 playbook him as much as possible in terms of getting the most from him in an inactive state and they've pretty much nailed that over the last few months. 

Gunther and Priest's brawl injected...something...into their match anyway. Crowd seemed into it. It's also pushing Priest more into a babyface role by default and it suits him far better. It's probably about time he broke away from the Judgement Day. It's probably about time they all did. There was a fleeting moment last year when it felt like it could have been Raw's Bloodline but it's gone from being an Angry Edge vehicle to purple goth brotherhood to Truth + Carlito comedy. Think they'll all get something more from it breaking apart now.

The Wyatt stuff's just tedious. Legitimately the dullest part of each show. The spooky stuff, fans obsessing over a perceived depth to it...none of that bothers me. They're just doing nothing and there doesn't seem to be a clear direction right now. They'll probably wind up in something bigger during the quiet post-SummerSlam months though. Bet it'll be boring. 

Edited by The Gaffer

I don't know what it is, but I just cannot take Punk seriously back in WWE. I know he's not been around long so maybe when he's properly on the show I'll get into it more, but there's just something off. Thank god for Drew in it all. Seth is a channel changer for me but hopefully he doesn't annoy the hell out of me in that match.

Overall it was ok.

Dom’s costing Rhea isn’t he? Too soon for the rest to turn on Preist so him and Rhea can go off and be HHH and Chyna? Rhea being massively over with Preist acting like he’s a face and above his stable’s shenanigans can only go on so long.

23 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Dom’s costing Rhea isn’t he? Too soon for the rest to turn on Preist so him and Rhea can go off and be HHH and Chyna? Rhea being massively over with Preist acting like he’s a face and above his stable’s shenanigans can only go on so long.

I think it's pretty much inevitable that we'll get a Dom vs. Rhea match in the very near future.

I never thought I'd say this, and she's clearly a limited performer in-ring, but Liv has been a really fun champion. I hope she keeps the belt, and I hope her ring work develops to match up with her strong character work as of late.