The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Mostly the problem, as ever with Wyatt stuff, is I don't know how it translates to a wrestling match. 

And that was another concern they discussed. And that will be how this lives or dies because even though a lot of people love the soap opera elements, it's still a Wrestling show and that is what they need to deliver eventually.  I am with you, if this didn't have the smoke machines and spooky bollocks and the wrestlers were cosplaying as the characters of the funhouse I would find that way more enjoyable. I mean at the moment is that what they are supposed to be, or are they the puppets manifested to real life?

Yeah I got slightly choked up watching the rowan promo I don't know how it slipped my mind but I completely forgot he's now the only living member of the wyatt family left.

Yeah the bo dallas stuff was confusing where its going and how in ring surely whatever will happen with Chad will be at summerslam.

Also with 3 weeks left not committing and confirming we're getting drew vs punk seems a risky move but I'm guessing it's going to substantially heat up qnd pick up pace these coming weeks before summerslam let's hope.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Forget the Wyatt lot. Scariest thing on Raw is Seth Rollins being an absolute Charlotte Flair, hanging around like a bad smell, threatening to turn a red hot singles feud into an infinitely less interesting Triple Threat.

Both Drew and Punk should agree to fight each other provided Seth fucks off entirely. I don’t even want a guest ref or a guest commentator. Be a guest TV viewer, at home, as far away as possible. Let the stars fight. No whoppers allowed.

Edited by Supremo

8 hours ago, Supremo said:

Forget the Wyatt lot. Scariest thing on Raw is Seth Rollins being an absolute Charlotte Flair, hanging around like a bad smell, threatening to turn a red hot singles feud into an infinitely less interesting Triple Threat.

Both Drew and Punk should agree to fight each other provided Seth fucks off entirely. I don’t even want a guest ref or a guest commentator. Be a guest TV viewer, at home, as far away as possible. Let the stars fight. No whoppers allowed.

No whopperS, they are allowed to have one.

I can see Seth vs Drew at SS as Punk probably can't compete yet.

44 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

No whopperS, they are allowed to have one.

I can see Seth vs Drew at SS as Punk probably can't compete yet.

I think you might be right - I wonder if the situation is that Punk either isn't going to be or isn't likely to be cleared, so they're planning to do Seth vs. Drew with Punk as guest referee as a substitute.

Dave Meltzer on Punk's status for Summerslam: "The last I heard about Punk, which would have been a week ago… I was told probable. So it’s not 100%, or it wasn’t 100% a week ago. It could be that, (he’s not cleared) or it could also be this is the storyline that they’re doing." 

So it could be a work or it could be a shoot. Cheers Dave. Keep up that great journalism. 

37 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

So it could be a work or it could be a shoot. Cheers Dave. Keep up that great journalism. 

So much this!
Dave Meltzer reports "either A will happen, or B will happen. but plans change. we don't know for sure"

How is stating the obvious and the fact you don't know anything concrete called journalism?!

10 hours ago, Supremo said:

Scariest thing on Raw is Seth Rollins being an absolute Charlotte Flair, hanging around like a bad smell, threatening to turn a red hot singles feud into an infinitely less interesting Triple Threat.

Initially thought the Seth angle with Punk at Money in the Bank was just to re-plant that seed to put it back on track to happen at 'Mania, once the stuff with Drew has concluded. Feeling like it could now be a triple threat, get the sense it's a back up in case Punk turns to dust upon his first bump.

• Paid Members

I get the impression that they want to string Punk vs Drew out as long as they can, because the later they start full attention on Punk vs Rollins, the better chance they have at stringing that one out until Mania 41.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Zaheer said:

So much this!
Dave Meltzer reports "either A will happen, or B will happen. but plans change. we don't know for sure"

How is stating the obvious and the fact you don't know anything concrete called journalism?!

Reporting that one of the biggest matches they have and are building towards isn't 100% going to happen and they might be pivoting to something else is, in fact, news.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think Meltzer has a lot of faults, but I think he tends to explain his understanding of things, and caveats where he's unsure.

This is pretty honest, I think. I don't fully understand why he gets criticism for that. If he was constantly going "exclusive!" like 2000-era clickbait, fair enough, but he doesn't really do that. It's more a Bischoff-style deliberate portrayal.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yep. Dave has his legitimate faults, but they’re hardly ever raised. It’s always people repeating nonsense from morons like Bischoff and Bully Ray.

Speaking of morons trying to slam Big Dave, check out AJ Styles. He definitely doesn’t care about Meltzer’s star rating system, you know, despite bringing it up yet again. And then seemingly giving it credibility by attributing the star rating to the Japanese fans, “making the match.”

Thick as mince, our AJ. I wonder if he saw the curvature of the Earth flying to Japan. Just a mirage, obviously.

On the subject of Punk, the reason I want them to do the singles match with Drew is because I’m convinced he’ll somehow get re-injured. Do the big match when you can. I have no faith his body will hold up for much longer.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, air_raid said:

I get the impression that they want to string Punk vs Drew out as long as they can, because the later they start full attention on Punk vs Rollins, the better chance they have at stringing that one out until Mania 41.

I think that's probably spot on. The damage they do to Drew by stringing it out is a concern though. He needs "the" moment with the belt and a proper run with it sooner than later in my opinion. As good as he's been, he can't knock it out the park forever.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Speaking of morons trying to slam Big Dave, check out AJ Styles. He definitely doesn’t care about Meltzer’s star rating system, you know, despite bringing it up yet again. And then seemingly giving it credibility by attributing the star rating to the Japanese fans, “making the match.”

This weird obsession with star ratings from fans is one thing but the hostility from wrestlers towards it is pathetic. You don't see Ryan Gosling kicking off because one of his movies only got 3 stars in a review or whatever. Genuinely brain damaged behaviour. 

Especially dumb as the star rating system in wrestling was popularised mainly by tape traders as a short hand way of telling eachother if a match on a compilation was good or not. It doesn't really mean that much. I just can't imagine being a former WWE Champion and millionaire and giving the slightest toss about star ratings. Wrestlers are stupid dickheads.