The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Not going to lie, I saw the video title this morning and just thought to myself "Oh no, not again. Does it need this?" but damn if it's not a total shoot coming from this wonderful, odd man. And that's it all but confirmed now, surely? Imagine losing after this? 

Okay, there is no way Cody is losing after last night...is there? I mean, they wouldn't would they?...Oh God, they would! Of course they would! It's totally what they would do!...but maybe that's what they want us to think and Cody will win!! 

They've done it, the bastards! I'm actually emotionally invested! I'm a jaded, cynical old fuck who has watched more wrestling in my life than it's probably healthy to watch yet they've hooked me into caring and I both hate and love them for it.

When wrestling's done well there's no other form of entertainment that's better. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Mentioned in the Smackdown thread that - bizarrely - Cody was starting to feel like the odd man out in all this. Despite being the main character, it had felt like all the focus and spotlight had been on everyone else. He refocused everything in one promo. Turned the gulps and croaky voice up to eleven. Referenced the blind fans. All the little Rollercoadsters. He completely got me. God bless that preposterous man. He’s winning that belt. There’s zero chance of any other result. Bet the house. No rubber chickens required.

Terrifying to hear him mention Brandi though! Legend has it that if you say her name more than once in a promo she suddenly appears, screaming, “WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU TONIGHT WAS OPEN MIC NIGHT BITCH!" Zero interest in Brandi coming in. Would give my first born for Dustin though. If Tony Khan truly loves this business then he’d allow Dustin to do a run-in at Mania. Imagine the pop if it’s Dustin who evens the odds. Wrestling has more than one Royal Family.

But yeah. Sami fucking Zayn.

IMG_7815.gif.7e4f05a66d42e6864c76ce041eafcbad.gif

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

And that's it all but confirmed now, surely? Imagine losing after this? 

We said that last year too.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

I'm only here to see the Seth comments.

What's he done this week?

I love how rattled he has this place.

Another internet old man mistaking dislike for a rattling. @LozzaFox

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

If he does win then it might finally put the 'He should have won at Mania 39' talk to bed. 

The more accurate for me is that Rock should have made sure he was going to be in shape for 39, given that he turned the Reigns match down for 38 because he wanted it to take place in LA. Then they'd have never dangled the carrot of Cody winning the belt last year in the first place AND the bitter taste of Rock v Reigns threatening to fuck Cody this year wouldn't be there.

Really good RAW again I thought. I know the general consensus is often that Smackdown is better because it’s 2 hours etc but no chance. Nearly everyone that is remotely interesting is on RAW. 

What do we think to the 6 team ladder match at Mania?

Clusterfuck of the highest order but should be entertaining, my guess is the teams involved will be - DIY, Awesome Truth, New Day, Dunne/Bate, Street Profits. Was really hoping Gable would be involved though.

Are they still on about splitting the tag belts up again? Could we see one team grab one lof of belts and another team the other?

5 hours ago, AndyUK said:

Really good RAW again I thought. I know the general consensus is often that Smackdown is better because it’s 2 hours etc but no chance. Nearly everyone that is remotely interesting is on RAW. 

I was about to argue and then I actually looked at the Smackdown roster and there's a surprising amount of shit there.

But 2 hours helps that a lot.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I’m mainly hoping it signposts The Hardy Boys leaving AEW and going back to WWE. Other than that, hopefully we see the Creed Brothers do some freakishly athletic, insanely dangerous spots. Awesome Truth to win, obviously. 

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

It kind of taints what should have been a straightforward revenge storyline for Truth and him and Miz winning the tag belts, and its a bit transparent in terms of "get as many guys a Mania cheque as possible." But is it any worse than that pair of random multi-peoples last year? At least this has stakes.

Are they still on about splitting the tag belts up again?

That was my first thought when they announced qualifiers for the contenders. 10 teams across two shows suggests there is enough depth. It kind of stands to reason that if talents are exclusive to one show or the other, that each show has tag belts, as they do a World, midcard and womens title. Furthermore during those months where you had the Bloodline on one show and Judgment Day on the other there easily could have been two tag title feuds running.

Could we see one team grab one lof of belts and another team the other?

I'm torn. On the one hand it would be a fairly creative finish and easy way to literally, physically, separate the two championships between teams on opposite shows. But on the other hand.... see above. Just let The Awesome Truth win.