The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

I would like The Rock to not do anything in wrestling ever again. Just do another Jumanji instead like we actually want. It hasn't been 1999 for quite a few years now.

Ivy Nile is *great*.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Casual reminder for pendants - the August mark here that people are talking about "passing Hogan's record" would only mean passing Hogan's duration with a version of the company title, in this case the Universal title, not with THE title. To pass the Hulk's record with the same title, the WWF/WWE title, he'd need to hold it beyond Mania 42.

It's double-bollocks when you consider that the Universal title doesn't really exist any more in any real sense since the two titles were unified then they created Seth's title to separate into "two shows, two titles" again. I couldn't give a shit that he could make 4 years with the Balor/Owens/Goldberg belt.

You're of course spot on, but you know that they would spin it to passing a record, regardless of any genuine asterisks next to it.

Anyone who cares about lengths of title reigns and setting records wants their harddrive checking.

It's completely meaningless, especially considering the big lump doesn't turn up half the year.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

You're of course spot on, but you know that they would spin it to passing a record, regardless of any genuine asterisks next to it.

The obsession with quantifying anything with numbers is grating at times. Does Michael Cole still chirp (example) "He is making his 17th appearance in a traditional Survivor Series elimination match" when Randy Orton comes to the ring at, umm, Survivor Series?

@d-d-d-dAz You don't need to check my hard drive. You already know it's full of title reigns and records.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Remember when Austin Theory cashed in Money in the Bank for the US Title? Finish your story, Cody! US Champ! Cody vs. Logan!

Surprised how many people don’t think it’s possible for Rock vs. Roman to happen at Elimination Chamber, as if this wasn’t the exact pattern of events last year. This seems to be Hunter’s approach to Wrestlemania season. Don’t waste it by only having the one big event when you can have two or three. Sami vs. Roman was fucking massive last year. Felt as big as Wrestlemania itself. It doesn’t feel like a big leap at all for him to do something similar here, especially when they’ve booked a stadium, with rumours that someone else is willing to foot the bill to get The Rock to appear.

Sami should have won at Elimination Chamber.

Cody should have won at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Remember when Austin Theory cashed in Money in the Bank for the US Title? Finish your story, Cody! US Champ! Cody vs. Logan!

Surprised how many people don’t think it’s possible for Rock vs. Roman to happen at Elimination Chamber, as if this wasn’t the exact pattern of events last year. This seems to be Hunter’s approach to Wrestlemania season. Don’t waste it by only having the one big event when you can have two or three. Sami vs. Roman was fucking massive last year. Felt as big as Wrestlemania itself. It doesn’t feel like a big leap at all for him to do something similar here, especially when they’ve booked a stadium, with rumours that someone else is willing to foot the bill to get The Rock to appear.

See, I'm surprised how many people seem to think the primary factor is what WWE want to do, rather than what the Rock wants to do, but I guess we'll see

3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Sami should have won at Elimination Chamber.

Cody should have won at Wrestlemania.

It's more about the publicity and the money at the back-end of this. The real money will be in the new RAW TV deal and how the stock market reacts to the eventual news. Being able to co-ordinate a promotional blitz with promoting Wrestlemania/selling RAW and The Rock's UFL debut season is why there will be a greater benefit to both than a match at a sold show.

There's nothing to stop Rock appearing in Australia as well. Reigns makes a defense. Rock comes out to make the Wrestlemania challenge. I'm sure the Aussies will be happy enough with that.

It's mad how Rock's final form has ended up as this galactic size, utterly rubbish WWE character. There's no point refuting the business sense in getting him involved as much as they can, but from the moment I saw the thumbnail on YouTube I just knew what we were in for.

Here's to a couple of weeks of him coming out looking like one of their augmented reality graphics, doing his big stagey verbiage that's a cross between quasi-spiritual cheap pop machine and 8 Mile rap battle grade put downs from the mind of Brian Gewirtz - who has somehow landed from writing some of the most embarrassing, tawdry Raw segments ever to being the biggest star on the planet's court jester - as Michael Cole goes complete randymarshcumsplatter.png in the corner. 

WrestleMania 50 will be built around the first ever incumbent president of the United States being in a match. Chalk it down. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

You don’t end your longest title reign in nearly 40 years 6 weeks before your biggest show(s) of the year.

It’s not ideal, but if The Rock does challenge for the title at ‘Mania, and Roman only works one night, what do you do with Cody that doesn’t feel fairly insignificant? I guess you could have him end Gunther’s reign as IC champ, but given that his mission statement was ‘I want to be World champion to honour my dad’, it would feel like a bit of a step down. 

I must admit, I’m very invested in Cody winning the WWE title, so I really hope he is in a World title match come ‘Mania, and preferably not a match for the Rollins belt.

1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

It’s not ideal, but if The Rock does challenge for the title at ‘Mania, and Roman only works one night, what do you do with Cody that doesn’t feel fairly insignificant? I guess you could have him end Gunther’s reign as IC champ, but given that his mission statement was ‘I want to be World champion to honour my dad’, it would feel like a bit of a step down. 

I must admit, I’m very invested in Cody winning the WWE title, so I really hope he is in a World title match come ‘Mania, and preferably not a match for the Rollins belt.

Cody/Orton at Mania.

• Paid Members

Anybody saying they'd prefer to see Reigns vs The Rock at Wrestlemania over Reigns vs Rhodes is off their rocker. Stick them on at the Rumble or on an NXT Level Up.

Nobody should be surprised by how embarrassing Rocky was last night. He's been in this form ever since Cena murdered him on the mic on a weekly basis during their feud.

18 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Anybody saying they'd prefer to see Reigns vs The Rock at Wrestlemania over Reigns vs Rhodes is off their rocker. Stick them on at the Rumble or on an NXT Level Up.

Nobody should be surprised by how embarrassing Rocky was last night. He's been in this form ever since Cena murdered him on the mic on a weekly basis during their feud.

Lots of people are going to like this post Devon, on account of how right it is, so I'm quoting it so you know how I like it the most.

EDIT**

Fuck sake, John.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1mZ8AoO7jD/?igsh=MTB0aXl3YWNkdGJ2dQ==

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

A little interesting context for how things change in terms of spiel becoming unpalatable. When WCW turned Hulk Hogan heel in 1996 it was because the yellow & red “what you gonna do, brother?” babyface routine had become stale that had largely been his act since his first WWF title win in 1984, about 12 1/2 years prior. We have just met the 24 year anniversary of the start of the year 2000, widely considered the peak of The Rock as a babyface. And you still know exactly what you’re going to get with his routine, except with considerably fewer naked prejudices as he used to get away with and we the young wrestling fans would tolerate. Because the world moved on, even if his style and delivery didn’t.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The swerve with Jinder was fantastic, poor Jinder like, but the faces in the crowd when his music hit was magic. Just top trolling, similarly to there being purple confetti in the roof of the arena so people thought the cash in was definitely happening. 

Dwayne can fuck off, though. He showed his arse in the feud with Cena, I can't be arsed with him fucking about with The Bloodline. Fuck it, have him wrestle Solo first, hopefully his titties will fall off and then we can get back to what most folk actually want.

Edited by Nick James