The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

33 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

And he has to be looking at officially retiring from in-ring stuff and he's not going to go out at a Summerslam or Survivor Series, it's going to have to be a Wrestlemania. And that is the only reason why Cody and Seth should even be considered for this year. It's the only thing that can get in the way of Cody/Reigns 2 is The Rock.

Given that he's not a full-time performer, does he really need to 'retire', though? His last match, as it stands, was against Erik Rowan - and he could feasibly wrestle the occasional nothing match like that for a bit longer if he really wanted to. Summerslam is stil a massive, massive event; and they could feasibly market it as the biggest Summerslam of all time, or something like that. 

Alternatively, it's quite the match to entice people to watch Wrestlemania on Netflix next year; maybe that's more important to them at this point. 

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Alternatively, it's quite the match to entice people to watch Wrestlemania on Netflix next year; maybe that's more important to them at this point. 

Absolutely this. Just like every time TNA moved to a new channel or time slot, they got the belt back on Double J.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Given that he's not a full-time performer, does he really need to 'retire', though? His last match, as it stands, was against Erik Rowan - and he could feasibly wrestle the occasional nothing match like that for a bit longer if he really wanted to. Summerslam is stil a massive, massive event; and they could feasibly market it as the biggest Summerslam of all time, or something like that. 

I don’t disagree. I mean it’s weird that he basically came out on Raw to tease him v Reigns at Mania, but plans change. I do think it comes down to ego and I’m not sure what impact his position on the board will give him as well, but it’s a possibility that The Rock says it’s Mania or nothing. But I don’t think the audience would accept it instead of Cody

9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Royal Cod on Wilbraham Road does have a table in it and for 50p extra, you can have a plate and cutlery and sit there. No cards though, cash only. 

Atlantic on Barlow Moor Road has booths but no plates or cutlery. Again, cash only, no cards. 

Did not expect to come into the RAW thread to see my local chippies being discussed, that is for sure. Small wold.

Although I'm disappointed I can no longer get a tenner out and spend half of it at Royal Cod and the other half at Quality Save anymore.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t disagree. I mean it’s weird that he basically came out on Raw to tease him v Reigns at Mania, but plans change. I do think it comes down to ego and I’m not sure what impact his position on the board will give him as well, but it’s a possibility that The Rock says it’s Mania or nothing. But I don’t think the audience would accept it instead of Cody

Here’s the thing ; Rock throwing a little shade at his fake cousin in the manner he did wasn’t all that explicit in terms of Mania, it’s just that we’ve become conditioned to believe that if any big development happens around New Year (or after Survivor Series, really) then it must have Mania implications, and coupled with the fact that one (barely) part timer having a dig at another is hardly going to be resolved on next weeks show…  all in all lots of us played Tex in Michaels petrol station and came up with 5 from two 2s. Plus Meltzer hasn’t helped, but from Hogan vs Khali to Austin vs Punk they’ve always managed to drop huge clues to matches that won’t happen or at least not when you think, and another thing to consider ; how long has Roman got left?

Scuttle is that he’s hurting and exhausted because the toll the leukaemia treatment took on him means he can’t hold up the same to a wrestling match any more. Maybe the best scenario would be to draw the line under “Reigns : champion” at Mania with Cody then build properly to a match where sole focus is “family” and who really is the Big Dog/Head Of The Table in that respect, to either SummerSlam or Mania 41, and have all the work put into “Reigns : baddie” paid off by him getting put in his place by The Rock, who everyone still seems to love, even if he shouldn’t be overshadowing the title or Cody. By the time it happens, it will be even clearer that the full timers are the real main event and this battle between two part time/nearly retired guys doesn’t suck in or detract from anyone else or the title scene in the same way that a Hogan vs Vince, HHH vs Batista, Cena vs Taker didn’t, or plenty of other matches they’ve done over the years. A separate spectacle entirely, and a great way for possibly both guys to bow out.

Edited by air_raid

Just a couple of good lads being good lads.

I don't think they have any idea what to do with Cody, and I get the impression from Raw that they're just sorting of hoping they can ride it out a week or two - make the 'movement' uncool by hugging it close - and let people calm down enough to just announce Cody/Seth. Maybe Drew gets chucked in.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

17 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Throw Sami in there too. He's connected to Drew and well I just love the man so that should be enough.

Sean Ross Sapp has reported that before plans were changed, they were looking at Drew vs Rollins vs Sami and to be honest, I'm now even more cross.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Throw Sami in there too. He's connected to Drew and well I just love the man so that should be enough.

I would be just fine with Cody twiddling his thumbs in the middle of a four way at Mania if it's not his time to win THE title. Someone else can win, someone else can lose, and the next night on Raw after The Rock has been beaten and goes away, he can just come out and say "Where were we?" and resume pursuit of Reigns. And sod waiting until Mania 41, if you aren't doing it at 40 then get that over and done with and get the real title onto him the next time Roman deigns to come to work. Roman Deigns. Everybody's happy.

Well, aside from the fact multi-man cobblers enhances the chances of Priest cashing in.

@d-d-d-dAz

Which "before plans change" is this hack talking about? The five days between Seth vs Punk going in the bin with Punk doing his tricep and the apparent pivot to Cody being involved with the Raw belt instead of with Roman? He's talking out of his arse.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Oof. Cole's been waiting since Saturday morning to do that line, hasn't he?

Thay might not know what they're going to do but I'm surprised they're doing *something* and muddying the waters so soon. Rhodes not getting to say anything, Rollins asking if they're on and Rhodes looking sadly at the Wrestlemania sign. They know they've fucked up but I don't have any confidence they'll worm their way out of it.

Also would like to point out I caled Jey Uso challenging Gunther before anyone else. Can't find the post so just trust me, uce.

Kairi Sane is fucking rubbish.

15 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I would be just fine with Cody twiddling his thumbs in the middle of a four way at Mania if it's not his time to win THE title. Someone else can win, someone else can lose, and the next night on Raw after The Rock has been beaten and goes away, he can just come out and say "Where were we?" and resume pursuit of Reigns. And sod waiting until Mania 41, if you aren't doing it at 40 then get that over and done with and get the real title onto him the next time Roman deigns to come to work. Roman Deigns. Everybody's happy.

Well, aside from the fact multi-man cobblers enhances the chances of Priest cashing in.

@d-d-d-dAz

Which "before plans change" is this hack talking about? The five days between Seth vs Punk going in the bin with Punk doing his tricep and the apparent pivot to Cody being involved with the Raw belt instead of with Roman? He's talking out of his arse.

If you're going to bring logic to my panicked frenzy, you can't be in my gang either.

• Paid Members

Given the current landscape, I like the idea of a Four Way. Cody, Sami and Drew all getting a Mania main event spot as a thank you for actually turning this business around would be a nice touch in what’s become an extremely shit situation. Those lads actually put the work in and built those big gates, rather than The Rock just waiting until it was hot to stroll back in. Seth can be in the match too, I suppose.

Rocky sucks chants though. Wow. The man can’t catch a win anywhere right now. Pro-wrestling was supposed to be his safety net, where he’d always be welcomed back and beloved. Gone and Black Adam’d and XFL’d it, haven’t you, Dwayne?