The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

CM Punk absolutely irritates the life out of me these days, was massive on him years ago, but his sense of entitlement attitude he's had since AEW return has done my head in but last night watching his segment with McIntyre despite recent animosity towards him I really enjoyed it.

I've never denied his talent, just the past year or so he's come across as a proper wally.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, NeverYield said:

CM Punk absolutely irritates the life out of me these days, was massive on him years ago, but his sense of entitlement attitude he's had since AEW return has done my head in but last night watching his segment with McIntyre despite recent animosity towards him I really enjoyed it.

I've never denied his talent, just the past year or so he's come across as a proper wally.

What was it about last nights promo that was enjoyable for you? It felt no difference to me than nearly any other promo he's cut in the last few years. I thought it was fine, but just curious to what you thought was different.

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

What was it about last nights promo that was enjoyable for you? It felt no difference to me than nearly any other promo he's cut in the last few years. I thought it was fine, but just curious to what you thought was different.

Yeah fair question that, it wasn't really much different to Punks usual shtick was it, he was hamming it up as he does and had his usual demeanour. I think it was more the chemistry on the mic last night between him and Drew, I thought Drew had a strong performance and the whole thing just worked really, rather than any singular thing Punk done.

I suspect no one has an objective opinion on CM Punk anymore, and it's all viewed through the lens of what you think about what you've heard he's like IRL.

My only real opinion on him since his return is they still don't really have a place for him, and he looks really small compared to the current crop of guys he's been involved with which is usually the opposite of what happens when someone from a previous era returns.

They should do Cody/Punk though before it's too late as that holds genuine interest for me.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, NeverYield said:

Yeah fair question that, it wasn't really much different to Punks usual shtick was it, he was hamming it up as he does

If you think CM Punk is hammy, where does that leave Seth Freakin' Rollins?

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

If you think CM Punk is hammy, where does that leave Seth Freakin' Rollins?

I'm not a great lover of Seth Rollins to be honest, he's come on leaps an bounds since his ROH days and he has had some matches I've really enjoyed, he just isn't to my tastes really. Yeah he's probably way more in the hammy category than Punk though.

51 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm not a fan of McIntyre's mic work either. I think he could be alright but he just tries too hard to sound convincingly tough and it almost ends up like a parody. Of course, he shouldn't need to do much mic work because he's got the look and his ring stuff is great. He really needs a manager to talk for him.

I know this is a silly thing to say in the wider context of wrestling, but when I watch him do a promo, I am very aware that I am watching someone playing a role. Its so fake sounding and fake looking. 

He's a shocking actor.

55 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I know this is a silly thing to say in the wider context of wrestling, but when I watch him do a promo, I am very aware that I am watching someone playing a role. Its so fake sounding and fake looking. 

He's a shocking actor.

Oh, Bacon, you make me so happy.

He's terrible. But he's two degrees of terrible because you can see the machinations of someone's mind going 'you've been told before you're wooden, so go on do a silly voice and a funny face'.

Watching him makes my skin crawl.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

He's a shocking actor

Draw me up a list of the good actors in the wrestling fraternity. Drew is bad, but he's not Rollins bad, he's not Jax bad, he's not Bailey job face bad, he's not Gargano bad. I thought that promo was OK in the context of his normal range. Punk probably elevated him a bit, but Punk seemed to stumble a bit over his words. 

Drew's accent is incredibly annoying, he sounds like a bargain bin Craig Ferguson. Also, he looked like an absolute moron pointing to his bare wrist referencing time in his promo. If you know you're going to be doing that, wear a fancy watch and heel it up a bit for feck sake like.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, DCW said:

If you know you're going to be doing that, wear a fancy watch and heel it up a bit for feck sake like.

It was probably an off the cuff reaction.