The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

6 hours ago, simonworden said:

Totally agree here now, I'd been on the fence for a while but when you look at Roman's bloodline storyline since Mania, none of it needed or really utilised the belt in any meaningful way. The Loan Paul match is possibly the only thing at an absolute stretch. Meanwhile the Cody/Brock feud could have used the belt well with Brock even winning it and losing back to Cody which would have been a big deal

Logan/Roman was November last year. Roman absolutely hasn't needed the title since Mania, you were right the first time.

• Paid Members
On 9/24/2023 at 1:15 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

Honestly, if you didn’t know better you’d think they’d lost interest in Cody Rhodes recently..

On 9/24/2023 at 6:09 PM, Joe Blog said:

Nah they are giving him monster killer gimmick until they decide to pull the trigger on an ice cold title reign. 

On 9/24/2023 at 6:24 PM, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Now he somehow (assuming the video above actually leads anywhere) has to drag shithouse Omos to a decent match. 

On 9/24/2023 at 9:13 PM, FelatioLips said:

Omos is junk but his 3 most recent feuds have been Seth Rollins, Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman. By that standard Cody isn't punching down very far.

On 9/25/2023 at 12:14 AM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Rollins got a good big man little man match out of Omos, I’ve no doubt Cody would do the same as a one off

Lads, don’t stress yet. People have attacked people on house shows without it leading to a TV feud dozens of times. Sometimes it’s just giving someone some heat for their match later or checking how a crowd reacts. In general terms it’s always worth remembering “if it didn’t happen on TV, it didn’t happen.” Christ, in late 93 Shawn did a job on the road to Doink, and one of the best win/loss records of 12-14 on house shows belonged to Zack Ryder.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Lads, don’t stress yet. People have attacked people on house shows without it leading to a TV feud dozens of times. Sometimes it’s just giving someone some heat for their match later or checking how a crowd reacts. In general terms it’s always worth remembering “if it didn’t happen on TV, it didn’t happen.” Christ, in late 93 Shawn did a job on the road to Doink, and one of the best win/loss records of 12-14 on house shows belonged to Zack Ryder.

To be fair, Omos would have just been evidence on the pile for me. They’ve not had a plan for Cody since Brock went on his holidays. Cocking about with the Judgment Day every Monday for the last 36 years has done nothing for him.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Cocking about with the Judgment Day every Monday for the last 36 years has done nothing for him.

For me the crime there is putting him in such close proximity to a briefcase wanker because it just underlines “this lad will probably a world champion before me.”

• Paid Members

If there’s one thing I needed, a match that screams can’t-miss Premium Live Event, it’s a Cody Rhodes tag match with Judgment Day.

For a show called Fastlane, no man has been left more in the dust, with zero momentum, than Cody. Very difficult to finish a story when everything after the Brock Lesnar chapter is just empty pages.

11 minutes ago, Supremo said:

If there’s one thing I needed, a match that screams can’t-miss Premium Live Event, it’s a Cody Rhodes tag match with Judgment Day.

For a show called Fastlane, no man has been left more in the dust, with zero momentum, than Cody. Very difficult to finish a story when everything after the Brock Lesnar chapter is just empty pages.

It's mad that they seemingly decided on 6th August to move the pieces into place for the Survivor Series main event in November, and then just left them to wither on the vine.

It's a quarter of the year they've just tossed off. Insane decision.

The logical move would seem to be to move him to Smackdown as the counterweight in the now forgotten Jey Uso trade, but I genuinely think nothing could diminish Cody more - currently - than a direct foot race to Roman with LA Knight.

They've absolutely fucked it recently. No wonder he routinely posts on his social media about college football when wrestling is on.

He should have won at Mania.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It's mad that they seemingly decided on 6th August to move the pieces into place for the Survivor Series main event in November, and then just left them to wither on the vine.

It's a quarter of the year they've just tossed off. Insane decision.

The logical move would seem to be to move him to Smackdown as the counterweight in the now forgotten Jey Uso trade, but I genuinely think nothing could diminish Cody more - currently - than a direct foot race to Roman with LA Knight.

They've absolutely fucked it recently. No wonder he routinely posts on his social media about college football when wrestling is on.

He should have won at Mania.

Agree they've gone right off the boil with Cody. I do think they'll find a way to reheat him for Mania, and it definitely feels like they're killing time until they get there, which I guess is the problem of pushing it back a year to run it back. At least after Survivor Series they start building for the Rumble, and presuming Cody wins there they can start getting him ready for Roman. LA Knight seems like a likely Survivors/Saudi Shitshow/Rumble title challenger, but who knows?

While Cody is ice cold, I am loving the presentation of Shinsuke Nakamura, to the point where even more than last month he should be winning the belt off Rollins. Not that he will, but he definitely should. 

With Cody, I’m hoping the teased feud with a newly heel McIntyre (when he fully turns) comes to fruition. That should rebuild his momentum and keep him preoccupied until the Rumble and inevitable Reigns rematch at Mania.

They’ve really fucked up that Jey Uso trade, when they really should’ve found a way to trade Cody & LA Knight. To me it really feels like they should be champions/challengers of the brand they’re not on.