WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I see Control is in the Xbox Live sale for 7 quid or so, so I think I’ll have me some of that. Haven’t played Alan Wake but my girlfriend loved it, so hopefully she will love this too. 

It's worth it, takes the best parts from X Files and similar mixed with House of Leaves, a bit of Ballard etc.

• Paid Members

Currently playing Like A Dragon: Ishin! since it's on Game Pass and it's not doing much for me. I've enjoyed all the other Yakuza games, but I'm on Act 3 of this and I'm not feeling it in the same way - the characters and settings are doing little for me and even the brawler combat feels stodgier than I'm used to.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Jesse said:

Currently playing Like A Dragon: Ishin! since it's on Game Pass and it's not doing much for me. I've enjoyed all the other Yakuza games, but I'm on Act 3 of this and I'm not feeling it in the same way - the characters and settings are doing little for me and even the brawler combat feels stodgier than I'm used to.

20 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Yeah, Ishin just doesn't click like other games in the series.

The upcoming games look tremendous though, lord knows how much time I'm going to sink into Infinite Wealth's, Island mode.

Add me to this list too. Played and loved the Yakuza, Judgement and Like a Dragon games. I gave up on Ishin on Act 2. Incredibly dull.

Yea by the end of Ishin I just wanted it to end so I could move on to something else, I wasn’t fond of Lost Judgment either although I enjoyed Judgement.

I thought Fist Of The North Star wasn’t good at all with all the constant driving around the desert looking for materials.

Im currently going through the Metal Gear Solid Collection, finished MGS 1 fairly quickly and easily as I used to speed run it back in the day. 

Like A Dragon: Gaiden is out next week so I’ll be digging into that, I remember the devs saying a demo opens up for Infinite Wealth once you finish Gaiden?

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

There's a patch coming to the Switch versión of Power Wash Simulator on the 16th of this month which will finally fix that save glitch that's been dogging the system for mo ths. Presumably the Warhammer 40K DLC isn't too far away either, or the Back To The Future one. 

I got a play and charge stand for my Switch Lite, and a couple of controllers: a PowerA Pro type controller, and a fight pad. I can finally get back into some games. Pure Pool feels a bit weird as the stick on the controller doesn't respond the same as the ones on my Switch, and the dpad on the fight pad is stiff as holy heck, but at least I can play on my Switch. I'll trot through a few Street Fighter games tomorrow, and maybe jump back into Okami because I love that game. 

• Paid Members

I wish they would do some DLC that wasn't tied into an existing franchise. I don't want to clean a Delorean or a fucking Space Hulk or whatever, I want to clean a drydock or Battersea Power Station. 

Edited by gmoney

On 11/1/2023 at 4:25 PM, CleetusVanDamme said:

Rollerdrome is coming to Xbox on the 28th, and it's on Game Pass! Please try it. Very few games have as satisfying a rythm when you get in the zone as this. My favourite game last year.

100% this. I’m amazed at how few people seem to know about this game. Hopefully being on Game Pass will change that. 

• Paid Members

I bet there'd still be some kind of legal wrangling involved in getting rights to Battersea Power Station. Some more regular type stuff would be refreshing, though.