WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I got the double ended lightsabre on Jedi Fallen Order tonight, and saw the Binog, that massive dragon thing that lives on the first planet when I went back to it. I hope I don't have to fight that anytime. It's fun so far. I've not had to take it off of medium difficulty yet and the most annoying thing has been platforming. Now that I know force pull I don't have to worry about missing ropes though, as I can bring them to me in the air. 

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure you don't end up fighting that massive creature that's lummoxing about on Bogano. You can get underneath him a bit though. 

I'm on the final boss now, which is very difficult. Might have to drop the setting down, if it will allow me to do so. Very good game, looking forward to the sequel. 

• Paid Members

Playing a Castlevania/Shovel Knight style game called Infernax on Gamepass at the minute about a knight trying to rid a kingdom of demons. It’s very well made, handles well and is bursting at the seams with gore. 
It has inspiration from Castlevania, Shovel Knight, Dark Souls, Hellraiser, Splatterhouse, Zelda II, and a bunch of other stuff but never feels like a clone.

It gives you multiple choices that affect bosses you fight and NPCs, has a good/evil scale and so far I’ve encountered two outstanding easter eggs related to Contra and Castlevania II.

It’s a difficult game mind even on the easy difficulty but you can upgrade and do some of the game out of order to search for powerups before the first dungeon. 

Highly recommended.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm pretty sure you don't end up fighting that massive creature that's lummoxing about on Bogano. You can get underneath him a bit though. 

I'm on the final boss now, which is very difficult. Might have to drop the setting down, if it will allow me to do so. Very good game, looking forward to the sequel. 

I think I managed to get up onto a platform next to the one he was chilling around on. BD-1 gave him a scan. 

DYING LIGHT 2

More like Dying Shite, I haven't been let down by a game like this in ages. Everything that made the first game fun has been sucked from this one and turned into a clunky, frustrating mess.

The story is very poor and I just couldn't get invested in any of the characters. The gameplay should have been improved but has gone backwards. Some of the glitches, like freezing enemies, sounds loading 10+ seconds after everything has occurred and NPC's just being grey matter until the game decides to load them or not. It's not Cyberpunk levels but at least I could laugh at that.

The parkour is a mess with actions not responding in a timely manner, they've fucked the grappling hook mechanics and most of the decent missions occur at night which is terrible to play through especially with the implemented you can only be in the dark for X amount of time.

Gran Turismo 7

Looks amazing, plays better than GT Sport, can't wait to delve into it a little more.

• Paid Members

I’ve had to turn up the difficulty on the new zero dawn. I’m not to far into it but I was just wrecking everything I came into contact with to the point upgrading weapons seemed like cheating. I should add I’m also the guy that had to quit playing doom as my old age reaction times where to shit. 

Edited by quote the raven

Finished Forbidden West the other day. 

Spoiler

Struggled at first on the final boss until I spammed the explosive spear and destroyed it in less than a minute.

The ending is proper shite and is basically extended sequel bait, pulling a bigger threat out of it's arse.

Maybe just me but I got serious Mass Effect vibes. 

Enjoyed the experience overall though. Gameplay was fun enough to keep me engaged. 

7/10.

Ok.  So I fancy getting Elden Ring, and this might be a good time to move up to the latest gen consoles.

Putting aside fanboy preferences, are there any significant differences between PS5 and Xbox Series X?  I’ve had Xboxes for the last 3 generations so backwards compatibility seems attractive to me, and I’m not super anal about graphics quality.

Under the hood the PS5 seems marginally more powerful but it’s not significant.

Any compelling arguments either way?  Exclusives etc?  I’ll need it to play DVDs either way if that makes a difference…

2 hours ago, Loki said:

Ok.  So I fancy getting Elden Ring, and this might be a good time to move up to the latest gen consoles.

Putting aside fanboy preferences, are there any significant differences between PS5 and Xbox Series X?  I’ve had Xboxes for the last 3 generations so backwards compatibility seems attractive to me, and I’m not super anal about graphics quality.

Any compelling arguments either way?  Exclusives etc?  I’ll need it to play DVDs either way if that makes a difference…

With not many exclusive games out on either console the PS4 has by far the better back catalogue of exclusives that you can obviously delve in to. Game Pass is the Xbox’s USP so it kind of depends on how much use you’ll get out of that. I suffer massively with choice overload with Game Pass and get nowhere near the use out of it I should. PlayStation are soon to bring out their answer to that but I reckon the best PlayStation effort at a Game Pass competitor will pale in comparison simply because they like to sell games whilst Xbox likes to sell service.

Edited by Mr_Danger

16 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'd lean more into getting an Series X myself and doing the "buy 3 years of Gold on cdkeys then convert it trick". Especially if you have had an account for a long time and are tied into the Xbox scene.

If you need a dvd player built in, an option would be getting a PS5 now then later on an Series S. They are much easier to buy and its possible to pick one up sub £200 secondhand atm. An S with the 3 year Game Pass trick is insane value for money.

35 minutes ago, Loki said:

Good point - What I lose in owned back catalog I gain in exclusives I’ve never played.

Yeah, depends on how hot or cold you are on that PlayStation blockbuster movie play along style but even outside of that their catalogue is very good.

Edited by Mr_Danger