WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Assassins Creed update. Some old couple wanted some herbs so the woman could get her husband a stiffy. He didn’t want to know when I got back so I shagged her and got a cheevo for cucking the old boy!

That story arc is better if you chose to be Kasandra as the cuck points are greater. 

• Paid Members
On 12/4/2021 at 11:53 PM, Tommy! said:

I'm also on the lookout for a good online FPS on steam. I used to love bad company 2 & Battlefield Vietnam because the team mechanic and balance meant I could be a useful part of the game and have fun even if I was a bit shit and generally you were worse off for camping than playing properly

I opted to try rising storm 2 Vietnam. It's good fun, I'm awful (K:D of 0.05 after Frist handful of games) but it's still fun playing and I can still contribute something the the team mechanic.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:36 PM, Ironic Indie Lad said:

One of the biggest releases of the year tomorrow - Halo Infinite!

Anyone got any hype?

Played the first few hours of it there. It's very, very good. It was a bit of a downer hearing how quick resume doesn't work, there's no level select, no co-op etc. Basically all the usual tell tale signs that yet another major title needed another six months in the oven. But after having played it, it looks gorgeous on a decent TV with the Series X and plays so slick. There's been some serious work put in and it's so fun that it's all sins forgiven. 

Probably the best one since the original trilogy. 

Tried the Matrix Awakens tech demo for Unreal Engine 5 there. It's the weirdest thing I've played all year. You basically just do a quick bit of shooting then get a small city island to fly and drive around in with no actual gameplay beyond that - and the frame rate tanks when you try and get too interactive with it - but it's still a crazy impressive glimpse into the future. It looks stunning for the most part, and allows you to kind of just pretend that it's what a GTA in 5 years will look like. If full games start running at this kind of level in 60 fps this generation on consumer devices then it's pretty mindblowing:

Really haven't had time to play much lately although hoping I'll get a few games for Christmas!

Did try the Matrix Unreal tech demo last night though. First time I've been genuinely blown away by anything this generation. Well worth a try even just to see what they're capable of and how the future of gaming might look. If the next GTA can be this good then damn it'll be awesome.

• Paid Members

I'm still plodding through the first Halo. Those copy pasted level designs are bloody confusing. Presumably it gets better and a little less tedious when I get to the later games? I like the story though. 

• Paid Members

I've started on Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm not sure how many hours I've put into it yet, maybe 12-15, but it still feels like I'm right at the start of the game in any case. It's such a beautiful looking game, I'm really enjoying it so far. Except for the bits where you have to go along with the naughty lads and get yourself into trouble. Don't like that. I always make sure to pop straight down to the post office first thing in the morning to pay off any bounties, so that I can carry on hunting and fishing with no bother from the plod. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I haven't come across the token hallucination level yet, but with that Bliss stuff being a major factor in the storyline I presume it's not far away.

Spoiler

They do it twice if I remember right, one with some tart in a white dress and another bunch where everyone looks like they have those faceless morph suits on as they arse about in a warehouse.

Edited by Tommy!