Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

There's another free add-on for Power Wash Simulator 2's Caldera Chronicles bonus campaign. It's a big bouncy castle. I like these ones as they tell a little story and expand the lore of the main game. It sometimes feels like the themed DLC packs are made complicated to try and get as much time for your money as you can. There are so many fiddly little bits on some of the Warhammer 40K stuff for the original, and the first level of the Star Wars one seems overly complicated as well. They're great to look at, but just feel a bit overwhelming sometimes.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ok, my knowledge is about to be exposed as 100 years old but here goes. Mrs raid and I are thinking about upgrading from our PS3, on which we almost exclusively play Diablo 3, to a (disc) PS5, on which we will almost exclusively play Diablo 4. I have questions about both, on the (PS5) slim chance any of you have the same setup ;

(1) How does it work with PSN accounts on the disc PS5? Are you able to play co-op on two accounts or are you restricted to different user profiles on the same account logged onto the console?

(2) I keep reading conflicting reports about the disc version of Diablo 4 requiring a code/licensing itself to one account or user? Is this a thing? What’s a battle net account and do both the wife and I need one to play co-op and save both characters progress?

I need these explained to me like to a moron. Any of you play “couch co-op” on disc ps5, playing Diablo 4?

Posted

More thoughts on Resident Evil Requiem. 

Found myself really enjoying the Grace sections of the game, once I got into a routine. Good survival horror. 

Can barely tolerate the Leon sections. Just a frustrating experience, for me and the point/store system feels completely out of place, imo. 

Feels like two games that have been stitched together. I'll power through but unlikely to return to it, once I'm done.

Only part that scared me so far is..... 

Spoiler

That fucking giant fucking spider. Fuck you, fuck off and fucking die in a fucking ditch. 

Yeah I didn't handle that reveal well. Had to pretty much switch off my brain to get through it. 

Story is pretty decent so far, though. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Thanks to the fellas who were raving about Vampire Survivors. Completed it today and as a trophy hunter it gave me much joy. A whopping 284 trophies on that beast! And the strangest thing: despite basically doing the same thing over and over again it never really got boring. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

It's all the little extra missions it gives you that keep it varied. It's so much more than just "survive the waves", which would get boring. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Thanks to the fellas who were raving about Vampire Survivors. Completed it today and as a trophy hunter it gave me much joy. A whopping 284 trophies on that beast! And the strangest thing: despite basically doing the same thing over and over again it never really got boring. 

Have you done any of the DLC? The Among Us and Castlevania packs are my favourites, but they’re all really good. I’d also recommend Vampire Crawlers. I don’t typically enjoy Deckbuilders, but this is done in such a way that it feels like an obvious evolution of the Survivors formula rather than something dramatically different.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm most likely just really shit, but I've played 100 hours and only just started playing the Castlevania DLC. 

Screenshot_20261003_210313_XBOX.thumb.jpg.6cdaac89b0bf3f86c55d06536b00746a.jpg

Best 4 quid I've ever spent. 

Posted

Speaking of Castlevania...

A demo of the upcoming Belmonts Curse is out now on all platforms. 

I played through it last night in one go. Its very brief, probably only about 30-40 mins or so. It's enough for you you to get a feel of the movement, combat etc. and a boss fight.

I really enjoyed it. I was always going to be getting it (2D Castlevania among my favourite series of games ever) but I am more excited now. Presentation is lovely and it just feels very good to play. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Still playing Katana Zero. Really love it now. The narrative is one of the best I've encountered in a game and there are a couple of surprise level turns. Really like the variation of levels later on, too.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Speaking of Castlevania...

A demo of the upcoming Belmonts Curse is out now on all platforms. 

I played through it last night in one go. Its very brief, probably only about 30-40 mins or so. It's enough for you you to get a feel of the movement, combat etc. and a boss fight.

I really enjoyed it. I was always going to be getting it (2D Castlevania among my favourite series of games ever) but I am more excited now. Presentation is lovely and it just feels very good to play. 

Gave it a play based on your post here, in spite of not being the biggest fan of Dead Cells, and my goodness this looks set to be exactly what would have wanted it to be. I’m very excited about this one after playing the demo. 

Edited by RedTwoster
Posted

I love the style as I'm hugely into the TV show, easily the best videogame adaptation Netflix ever ordered *but* did it have to be a bloody Soulslike with all the modern Western made Metroidvania tropes? It's solid but doesn't feel like Castlevania in the hands, but I also guess all the old Konami devs are gone at this point too.

I'm pretty sure I'll still enjoy it, just been craving some GBA/DS style gameplay recently.

Posted
14 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I love the style as I'm hugely into the TV show, easily the best videogame adaptation Netflix ever ordered *but* did it have to be a bloody Soulslike with all the modern Western made Metroidvania tropes? It's solid but doesn't feel like Castlevania in the hands, but I also guess all the old Konami devs are gone at this point too.

I'm pretty sure I'll still enjoy it, just been craving some GBA/DS style gameplay recently.

I will say that I did sigh a bit at the healing flasks and all enemies regenerating when you save. Not everything has to be Dark Souls. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

I will say that I did sigh a bit at the healing flasks and all enemies regenerating when you save. Not everything has to be Dark Souls. 

Agreed - and I don't disagree with @Merzbow either, I'm definitely a bit fatigued when it comes to Soulslikes. It's why games like Pragmata and Onimusha were so fun for me, they feel like the exceptions to the current trend of everything being a Soulslike or a roguelike. 

Having just said that, the demo felt really good to play. I suppose it felt closer to Hollow Knight than a traditional Castlevania game, but it also captured the grim, forboding atmosphere of the cartoon, and it felt like the kind of brutal world that show presented, which I appreciated. 

The proof will be in the final game, but I really liked this and I do feel optimistic now about what this is going to be. 

Posted

I feel completely out of the loop as I somehow did not even know a new Gears of War game was coming out.

I've always enjoyed the series. I actually bought a 360 based entirely on the strength of the original game. I was horrified to realise this was TWENTY YEARS AGO now. 

I have to say, as much as I have enjoyed the series of the years, I could not really give two shits about the story. I probably couldnt even summarise it beyond "its some really muscular soldiers who are at war with humanoid locusts". That is about all the backdrop I really need though, I just find them very satisfying games to play and they are usually some of the better looking games around.

With this in mind, I downloaded Gears of War: E-Day on Game Pass last night and played the first hour or so. It looks great and its the familiar cover / shoot gameplay you will be aware of if you have played any of the games. As the name suggests, this is a prequel which tells the story of 'emergence day'. I can tell they are going for a weighty, emotional story thats been all the rage in AAA games for a while now (The Last of Us, God of War etc.) . I've not played enough to tell if the story / writing are any good.

I will say that one of the very first area's is a police station and the design of this station and the horror feel is almost too similar to Resident Evil 2. It may as well have flashed up WE HAVE BEEN HEAVILY INFLUENCED BY RESI 2 on the screen. I half expected to see some decorations welcoming Leon Kennedy to his first day on the job.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...