WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

8 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Has anyone bought the new Assassins Creed game? I'm tempted to pick it up when it's cheaper, looks like a throwback to the 360 era of games with everything set in one city and a complete stripped down set of skills and mechanics and a under 20 hours story.

I've been playing it this week. It is exactly that - definitely a throwback to the earlier games and I'm really enjoying it. They went through a period of being a little too complex for me just in terms of time needing to be invested.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

As much as I'm enjoying Balder's Gate 3 battles can really be a slog, at times. 

Make sure you're using the environment - yeeting people off high things often ends battles quicker...

5 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Make sure you're using the environment - yeeting people off high things often ends battles quicker...

Did that to a boss without even triggering the battle which was funny. 

Problem is battles that take place in smaller, inclosed areas. Isn't a deal breaker and I'm probably doing something wrong, anyway.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Did that to a boss without even triggering the battle which was funny. 

Problem is battles that take place in smaller, inclosed areas. Isn't a deal breaker and I'm probably doing something wrong, anyway.

You could always quicksave before you enter an area, try and set traps and stuff. 

AoE is your friend as well (cloud of daggers, the explosive runes, alchemists fire etc.) 

If it's more of the same then I'm happy to wait until it comes down a bit. I do find myself enjoying things less if they're quite repetitive and after Spidey and Miles I feel like I'll probably not get as much out of 2 at the moment as I should for the money. Does sounds like they've done a good job with it though.

• Paid Members

It's one I'd put my hand in my pocket for a new console for, especially with MK out as well.

More than anything I really enjoyed the story in spidermon, so as long as that stays strong I'm really tempted.

I'm also thinking of giving symphony of the night a try, I've plays 0 Castlevania games before, good idea or bad idea to jump in there?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

I'm also thinking of giving symphony of the night a try, I've plays 0 Castlevania games before, good idea or bad idea to jump in there?

Great place to start. 2D Castlevania games have two different genres. Symphony of the Night and the DS ones are all Metroidvania style games (Explore the levels, find a key item or power, go back to a door that was locked earlier or new route, repeat) and the classic games Castlevania 1-4, Rondo of Blood and other early console ones are (mostly) all 2D side scrollers that are basic A to B levels similar to Mega Man, Ninja Gaiden, Contra, etc.

If you want the former then start with SoTN but if you want the latter probably start with Super Castlevania IV.

As a side note I’ve been playing the Open Beta of Modern Warfare 3 and I was really enjoying it. Entirely because every multiplayer map is remastered from MW2 on the 360 which was my jam. Will be the first Call of Duty I buy since Cold War I think.

Really enjoying Forza. Some of the art creations are incredible from the community, and any you did in previous Forza games are there for you!  Obviously there’s a few anime style “Cute schoolgirl I’m not a paedo honest” designs scattered about but they can be avoided. Currently driving a Chevy V8 with a Jurassic Park livery. Marvellous!

I need to give Forza another look in, especially if this one is back to the traditional format. I tried to play the last Horizon but the whole package of it where you constantly felt like you were in an extreeeeeeme energy drink commercial done my head in. I like than Gran Turismo style of the driving being great and everything else about the music, menus etc being pleasantly dull. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I need to give Forza another look in, especially if this one is back to the traditional format. I tried to play the last Horizon but the whole package of it where you constantly felt like you were in an extreeeeeeme energy drink commercial done my head in. I like than Gran Turismo style of the driving being great and everything else about the music, menus etc being pleasantly dull. 

I'm the opposite, I'm playing the new one but it's just making me miss Horizon. It's fine though, a bit buggy - annoying to complete a series in 1st and have the game not recognise it so you need to replay them - and the supposedly reworked AI system is still wank (every car up to the first three are pointless and about half the races the car in 1st just races ahead with no way to catch them) but the racing itself is good and the online is fun.