WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Yeah, quick look on Google and it's £15 max everywhere if you're going to buy it. The £30 difference, presumably for the add-ons, seems nuts. Maybe get the base game and then buy a pass for the add-ons if you like it/write-off the £15 you spent if you don't.

Just to note though, the WWE games have been shite for a while now. 2K20 was even worse than 19 because something happened halfway through development (the developers changed hands or something so they had to rush it through).

This thread might help you: 

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Cheers! To be honest, that's pretty much convinced me to back off a little. I've not played a WWE game since I gave up out of sheer frustration in 2014/2015, and I just fancied another crack after all the 2022 hoopla. The DLC is essential as most of the best community created items use bits and pieces from it, so it's all or nothing. 

• Paid Members

Apologies for the double-post, but what's also had me back off an immediate £45 purchase is myself on pg.1 of that 2K19 thread, reminding myself why I stopped playing the games in the first place;

On 9/21/2018 at 11:19 AM, Accident Prone said:

I stopped buying the 2K games a few years back. As Ralphy pointed out, I would wait a couple of months for the CAWs to get created and for the price to drop. Then i'd nab it for about 20 quid and just fill it with my indy wank and Japan lads.

I think it was 2K14 when I stopped. The gameplay erred on awful but it was also the little things that cracked me; commentary was annoying. There were restrictions on what moves you could do where. The crowd reactions were unnatural and alien-like. The new mechanic where your wrestler would roll outside of the ring during multi-man matches was devastating. The online mode was unstable and took me ages to navigate through the menus. Then the whole business of people updating their CAWs with the new DLC meant I had to buy the DLC if I wanted to download CAWs. 

I've not bought one since. What's great about the advent of YouTube is that I can see what a game is like before putting the money down. It's all shockingly bad and no improvements are being made. Now they've introduced loot boxes? Get fucked.

Thanks 2018 AP!

• Paid Members

@FelatioLipssee if you can get hold of Shadow Fighters for some Miggy fighting game action. Project X is a decent shooter. Lotus 3 is heaps of fun, as is the second Super cars. Walker is interesting. 

Started playing the Miles Morales Spider-Man on my PS4 the other night. I'm a touch concerned that I've only done 3 story missions and spent a couple of hours getting the time capsules and Underground stashes but it's showing at 28% completion already, but a game doesn't have to be super long to be fun. Some of the suits are really cool. I'm trying to get the Bodega Cat suit as well if it is what I think it is. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

I've started Mafia 3. Not too far in but the story seems really good so far but some of the voice acting is a bit iffy. The gameplay isn't anything groundbreaking but it's fun. 

I've also picked up a couple of assassin creed games, never played one before but one of them is black flag which I'm assuming is a bit different to the others. 

I've also got Fifa 19 on it's way as it was £1 and I've not got a football game on PS4 and I'll always get 1 each console. It's time for me to move on from PES2008. First fifa game I've had since 2003 I think. 

• Paid Members

Black Flag is kind of the start of the pivot from stealth game to more general action RPG with stealth elements because there's all the ship combat and things in it. 

Shadow of Mordor is the best Assassin's Creed game, I might have to give the sequel another go but I remember not clicking with it at the time.

I loved the Nemesis system of the first tho, made it feel like my experience really was one of a kind in a way.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Black Flag is kind of the start of the pivot from stealth game to more general action RPG with stealth elements because there's all the ship combat and things in it. 

It's still quite closer to the original format, but Black Flag has so much more to it that it's a really good game to play. From the naval battles (both against other ships and attacking forts) to deep sea diving to discovering loads of different islands to hunting- there's so many different things to do. But in terms of how it plays, it's still very much in the original stealth vein.

Origins however is where the series takes the biggest drastic change and becomes an RPG series. Odyssey is bloody great, pretty much combining Origins with Black Flag in the sense that voyaging is a big part of the game and discovering different islands is fun. 

5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Started playing the Miles Morales Spider-Man on my PS4 the other night. I'm a touch concerned that I've only done 3 story missions and spent a couple of hours getting the time capsules and Underground stashes but it's showing at 28% completion already, but a game doesn't have to be super long to be fun. Some of the suits are really cool. I'm trying to get the Bodega Cat suit as well if it is what I think it is. 

Yea I played it recently and it’s practically just DLC

7 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Shadow of Mordor is the best Assassin's Creed game, I might have to give the sequel another go but I remember not clicking with it at the time.

I loved the Nemesis system of the first tho, made it feel like my experience really was one of a kind in a way.

From what I can remember they loaded the sequel with loot boxes which had a negative effect on the nemesis system.

Think they removed the loot boxes eventually.

• Paid Members

Yeah, they put some pretty predatory loot box/pay to win mechanics in at launch and got a huge backlash over it, so eventually ended up removing them.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The sequel was pretty disappointing. But I don't remember anything about it other than it not living up to my experience of Shadow of Mordor. So would be interested to hear your thoughts if you do pick it back up

Edited by Chest Rockwell

9 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Yea I played it recently and it’s practically just DLC

Compared to a lot of dlc it’s still quite light. They were never going to charge £25 for it to launch the PS5 but that’s probably it’s true value to people who might only be able to afford to buy a few games a year.

For me it was nice to play a AAA game and not have 90 hours of side missions to pad it out.

6 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Compared to a lot of dlc it’s still quite light. They were never going to charge £25 for it to launch the PS5 but that’s probably it’s true value to people who might only be able to afford to buy a few games a year.

For me it was nice to play a AAA game and not have 90 hours of side missions to pad it out.

I quite enjoyed Miles Morales and Resident Evil 3 but both seemed like DLC to me. Not even particularly substantial DLC at that.

I play a lot of games. It's pretty much my biggest hobby and its one I am willing to spend decent chunk of money on. Games being a disappointment or being on the short side isn't something that tends to really bother me these days. Back when I was a kid or when I had way less disposable income I think I would have felt pretty ripped off though.