WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I spent a few days doing the Cabaret Club and real estate stuff. The brawling mechanic is really good, I think I've missed some of the "prequel" references given that I'm starting from 0 rather than making my way through in release order. The story is good, the side missions aren't too much as they're pretty much done imemdiately, or turn up on the map anyway if it's something that needs doing. I'm mostly using Brawler style with Kiryu and Slugger style with Majima, but occasionally break out Beast and Thug. I'm about to start I think Chapter 8 or 10, and it feels like both the stories are about to start crossing over with each other.

Cabaret and Real Estate ate up a good chunk of my lockdown. Have you spent much time i  the Karaoke bars? Heartbreak Mermaid is a tune.

• Paid Members

I've tried the karaoke but there's some input lag when I do it. I wonder whether it's my TV doing it. It is fun though. 

If there was a cabaret club mini game on phones I'd probably play it everyday. It's a shame it's only on 0 and K2, as it's the best side game in the whole series and you miss it when you play them in redone order. Has some of the best music in the series too, these two should be drilled into your head by the time you finish.

Plus your hand signal game be on point you never miss.

• Paid Members

I've been playing a load of Tetris Effect which is on Xbox Games pass this last week. 

Never really played Tetris much as a kid or growing up, but Effect has lots of bells and whistles which grabbed me by the suds. The music is stunning and how the effects change and dance as you clear lines and build your score is superb. 

I'm not very good still but it's lead me down a wormhole of watching classic Tetris championships on YouTube. I played so much yesterday that I dreamed about falling blocks last night. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

I’ve just fucked up the Tower Knight with my Harry Potter Wand on Demon’s Souls. Really enjoying having the safety net of ranged attacks on a Souls game but it does feel like I’m cheating. Had a little mooch around the underground caves and fucked it off when I was getting poisoned every two minutes. 

Any tips or hints for where’s best to go next? Any recommendations for builds for Royal class? I’ve ploughed my stats in to magic, faith and intelligence so far whilst scaling up vit and strength a bit too.

30 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve just fucked up the Tower Knight with my Harry Potter Wand on Demon’s Souls. Really enjoying having the safety net of ranged attacks on a Souls game but it does feel like I’m cheating. Had a little mooch around the underground caves and fucked it off when I was getting poisoned every two minutes. 

Any tips or hints for where’s best to go next? Any recommendations for builds for Royal class? I’ve ploughed my stats in to magic, faith and intelligence so far whilst scaling up vit and strength a bit too.

Are you using Miracles or just Magic? If the latter then Faith is worthless to you.

Strength is probably useless too, you'll want to upgrade a weapon that can go down the Moon or Crescent upgrade route which will add magic and scale with the magic stat. An Estoc is always a good idea, easy to use and you can attack while blocking.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

I'm not very good still but it's lead me down a wormhole of watching classic Tetris championships on YouTube. I played so much yesterday that I dreamed about falling blocks last night. 

This is actually a recognised psychological phenomenon, and where the name Tetris Effect comes from!

Tetris effect - Wikipedia

Basically, after a prolonged focus on a repetitive, simple, visual task, your brain will continue to see things in terms of that task, and you'll often dream of it, or see (in Tetris' case) coloured blocks when you close your eyes. I used to get it with the old Megatouch game Word Dojo about ten years ago, if anyone remembers that.

19 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Are you using Miracles or just Magic? If the latter then Faith is worthless to you.

Strength is probably useless too, you'll want to upgrade a weapon that can go down the Moon or Crescent upgrade route which will add magic and scale with the magic stat. An Estoc is always a good idea, easy to use and you can attack while blocking.

Is magic the Harry Potter wand and miracles the self healing/going undetected stuff that you need a talisman for? Potentially I wouldn’t mind building for both as I only played as a chunky knight on Dark Souls with a similar play style on Bloodborne but I don’t want to be too jack of all trades if one stat will negate the other.

You'd think that after 100+ hours of Souls’n I’d have a clearer idea of how the games work but in all honesty I’m still not sure what all those little symbols on the weapons stats mean!

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

This is actually a recognised psychological phenomenon, and where the name Tetris Effect comes from!

Tetris effect - Wikipedia

Basically, after a prolonged focus on a repetitive, simple, visual task, your brain will continue to see things in terms of that task, and you'll often dream of it, or see (in Tetris' case) coloured blocks when you close your eyes. I used to get it with the old Megatouch game Word Dojo about ten years ago, if anyone remembers that.

I get this when I commit to any task for more than four hours in a day. Video games, TV shows, chores, the lot. It all comes crashing into my dreams and it's infuriating as all hell for some reason.

Edited by Accident Prone

4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Is magic the Harry Potter wand and miracles the self healing/going undetected stuff that you need a talisman for? Potentially I wouldn’t mind building for both as I only played as a chunky knight on Dark Souls with a similar play style on Bloodborne but I don’t want to be too jack of all trades if one stat will negate the other.

You'd think that after 100+ hours of Souls’n I’d have a clearer idea of how the games work but in all honesty I’m still not sure what all those little symbols on the weapons stats mean!

You're right, I've never built for both stats in that game as there's no Hex or anything like in Dark Souls 2 but that should be fine.

Demon's Souls is even more esoteric than usual so it's no surprise to not get all those bloody upgrade routes as I don't think a single one is properly explained. It's worse because only a very select few weapons can go down each route/infusion, unlike the rest of the series where you can do pretty much anything.

Edited by Merzbow

5 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Fist of The North Star Lost Paradise (uses the same engine as Y0) also has the cabaret club mini game. 

Also worth a go if you enjoy Y0. 

Was gonna buy this as its £15.99 on PS Store and can’t find it anywhere cheaper but I’ve just bought the entire series plus movies on DVD so I want to get through those first.

Finished Spider-Man Remastered and South Park The Stick Of Truth over the weekend and have now begun Spider-Man Miles Morales and South Park The Fractured But Whole.

Spider-Man Remastered is great no idea why I didn’t pick it up any sooner