WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

13 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Finished Metroid Dread and got 100%. I loved every single minute of it and can’t wait to play it through again. 

Is Hollow Knight a similar type of game?

If you're looking for a Metroid Clone, Axiom Verge is probably a better fit - it's inspired by the original Metroid games, and plays very similarly. It's not as difficult as Dread, but it's still a fun game. 

However, Hollow Knight is phenomenal and well worth your time. It's of the same genre as Dread, but there are enough significant differences for me to be apprehensive about recommending it as a like-for-like. In terms of the challenge it provides, it's definitely similar. In terms of the atmosphere? Ditto. But it's a different game; and for me, it's a much better one that I wouldn't hesitate in recommending. Just don't expect more of the (exact) same. 

15 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Got Assassins Creed Odyssey. It doesn’t feel like an AC game yet, more like a third person Far Cry mixed with Skyrim. Enjoying it but it hasn’t quite clicked yet. 

Odyssey is a really good game once it gets going imo. 

Shame Ubisoft being a real scumbag company tainted their games for me because Odyssey used to be my comfort blanket video game that I would play when bored. 

18 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I love Odyssey, it's easily my favourite Assassins Creed game up to now. Though it could be my love of Greek history colouring that.

The setting was the big selling point for me as well.

That and the series went full RPG.

Also the game is absolutely gorgeous. 

Yeah I’ve always loved the historical aspect of the games so I’m looking forward to this one. Some bounty Hunter came at me bro but I sent him to Hades. I’m enjoying hearing malaka like it’s season two of The Wire all over again!

• Paid Members

At 38 years old, I am delighted to say I completed San Andreas's 'Wrong side of the tracks' first time yesterday. 

The adrenaline is still pumping through my veins. 

Edit - SA not VC

Edited by Silky Kisser