KingofSports Posted July 16, 2020 Posted July 16, 2020 I wish I had grandchildren, so when they asked what kind of music did you listen to when you were young grandad? I could scare the shit out of 'em with this. Quote
KingofSports Posted July 17, 2020 Posted July 17, 2020 I was going to post "All The Days" by Mammoth. I bought their album around '88 and was somewhat surprised when Chris Jericho used it as his intro music in WCW, some 9 years later. Just seemed dead random at the time. Anyhow, this showcases singer Nicky Moore's vocal talent to far better effect. A huge man, with a huge voice. As I recall, his background was in jazz, or something far removed from heavy rock and imo far better than previous Samson vocalist Bruce Bruce...Bruce 'the air raid siren' Dickinson. Quote
KingofSports Posted July 18, 2020 Posted July 18, 2020 (edited) Sugarcubes (Björk) - "Mama" If I'd known sitting on the floor, drinking a bottle of brandy and screaming was a career option, my life could've been very different Edited July 23, 2020 by KingofSports Quote
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted July 20, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 20, 2020 Just when Robert Palmer died, they released again "Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)" with a series of montages. It's the perfect send off video. Enjoy.. Quote
KingofSports Posted July 20, 2020 Posted July 20, 2020 (edited) Moon Unit Zappa - "Valley Girl" & John Copper Clarke - "Beasley Street" Two pieces of wry, yet very contrasting social commentary, released (broadly speaking) around the same time. Cooper Clarke's lyrics being particularly poignant. Edited July 20, 2020 by KingofSports Quote
The Gaffer Posted July 20, 2020 Posted July 20, 2020 I'm obsessed with this track at the moment. I love when early 90s acid/house has just the right amount of pop nous whilst retaining this weird, subversive drug cult type sound to it. Magic. Quote
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted July 20, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 20, 2020 RIP Emitt Rhodes Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.